Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's €40-odd on wiggle, so €30 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Yeah thought so, too rich form my blood. Thats half what I paid for the frame, so couldn't justify it!

Thanks for the offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Hi folks,
    I was just wondering if anyone fancied swapping shimano selectors and rear/front mech for Sram?
    they are similar to these
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13646
    and
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13614
    and
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50469

I am not looking for anything fancy just in perfect working order but I may be willing to add cash to a deal if anyone fancies. There are a couple of marks on the shifters i can add pics if required.
    Reason for swap is all my other bikes (mtb) have sram and i cant bear shimano on the cross bike anymore, maybe someone is in a similar situation with sram! If not i will probably just sell them on to fund new ones.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Schnell

Hi, I've got a set of Deore sti 9 speed shifters that I'd like to swap for an 8 speed equivalent. I'm not sure what year but they're in perfect working condition and look fine.

They're for an expedition touring bike so I'm trying to keep everything 8 speed to keep the stronger and more easily replaceable chain.

Alternatively I've got a Deore LX right hand shifter only (9 speed too) that I would also swap for an 8 speed equivalent.

The other thing I want to swap is an XT top pull derailleur, clamp size 28.9, that I'd swap for a bottom pull equivalent. It's in perfect although used condition.

I'm in Clontarf so anywhere in Dublin for collection/ drop off is grand.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

@ Monkeyslayer - do you still have that bike bag? Don't have anything to swap, but offer 4.50 plus postage for it if you are interested.

• Advertisement

Schnell wrote: »
    Hi, I've got a set of Deore sti 9 speed shifters that I'd like to swap for an 8 speed equivalent. I'm not sure what year but they're in perfect working condition and look fine.

They're for an expedition touring bike so I'm trying to keep everything 8 speed to keep the stronger and more easily replaceable chain.

Alternatively I've got a Deore LX right hand shifter only (9 speed too) that I would also swap for an 8 speed equivalent.

The other thing I want to swap is an XT top pull derailleur, clamp size 28.9, that I'd swap for a bottom pull equivalent. It's in perfect although used condition.

I'm in Clontarf so anywhere in Dublin for collection/ drop off is grand.

Thanks
    I've just taken a pair of STX RC 8-speed rapidfire shifters off an old bike. They're old - 1998 or 1999 I'd say, but they still appear to work perfectly.

They're identical to the picture attached, though the red gear indicator has faded in the sun to white. Which doesn't make a difference.

You can have them for nowt, though I won't have my hands on them till next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Schnell

seamus wrote: »
    I've just taken a pair of STX RC 8-speed rapidfire shifters off an old bike. They're old - 1998 or 1999 I'd say, but they still appear to work perfectly.

They're identical to the picture attached, though the red gear indicator has faded in the sun to white. Which doesn't make a difference.

You can have them for nowt, though I won't have my hands on them till next weekend.

Thanks for the offer, I might leave them go to someone else though. I'm looking for something a little newer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pedals free to take away, were taken off my bowery when new. In Dublin 12/14, collection only.

711b1.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Pedals free to take away, were taken off my bowery when new. In Dublin 12/14, collection only.

711b1.jpg

I'll collect if thats OK? and they aren't gone already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

That was quick, I'll shoot you a PM now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Seamus, If these are still going for free I may nab them off ya!

They are, picture here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056343333

Don't have them at the moment, but can have them next week or maybe this weekend.

They are, picture here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056343333

Don't have them at the moment, but can have them next week or maybe this weekend.

Grand.
    There is no rush tbh.
    Is all that stuff in the linky gone?

No, I still have it all.

I need a FD. Just need to check diameter.
    If everything free I may take the RD as well.
    Will be back to ya .

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭doh777

dave o brien offer 20 for handlebars providing they're not oversized, looking for 26mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

I have 9Sp Sram X-7 Rear mech (NEW Unused Black).I'm not sure if it's medium or long cage but the jockey wheels measure 75mm centre to centre.(not compatable with my Shimano shifters unfortunately)I am looking to swap if possible for a Shimano STX 8/9Sp (NEW or as good as, or something similar as good).It will have to work with a 30tooth rear cassette.If needed I will pay cash difference for XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnny92

hi,
    have a set of pedals with straps. they came with the bike and only used once or twice.
    looking to swap them for some SPDs or preferably dual SPDs??
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Medium sized Giro Prolight Helmet Black/Blue for the same but either all black or black/red.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

Found an old frame, and want to restore it.
    Need lots of the parts but don't want to spend loads!

Wheels, front and rear. Right side shifter/brake lever, handle-bar grips and a rear derailleur: Acera.

Any help much appreciated!

Donal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

I have 2 boards jerseys both size large one short sleeve and one long sleeve, willing to swap for size mediums. Both one year old and hardly worn, long sleeve only worn twice. Can send pics if required. They are the black with white and pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hi All,

I have a compact crankset FSA Gossamer Pro BB30 172.5mm and would like to swap it for 170mm (can be a different crankset).

Also, I have Shimano 105 5700 on my bike, but would prefer Sram instead. If anyone wish to make a deal on this, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

doh777 wrote: »
    dave o brien offer 20 for handlebars providing they're not oversized, looking for 26mm.

doh777, did you get sorted with 26mm bars?

I have a set along with an ITM carbon stem and a SMICA stem too. ITM is 100 and the SMICA is 90..

All spotless. Say 50 for the lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Looking to trade a 172.5 Campag Chorus chainset 53-39 for a compact please.

Absolutely mint condition but need a little bit more in the hills...

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

I have a clamp on Campag Record (QS 10 speed) front Derailleur. 2 years old. Looking to trade for a Record/Chorus braze on of similar vintage.

What size is the clamp?
    I have a Record Ti Braze on but its a triple.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

bcmf wrote: »
    What size is the clamp?
    I have a Record Ti Braze on but its a triple.

Thanks bcmf - it's a double I'm looking for.

I can't recall the size of the clamp off the top of my head. I'll check this evining and post.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am looking to swap saddles.. I have a white Selle Italia slr kit carbonio likes this one:

IMG_2887.jpg
    and I am looking to swap it for a Specialized Toupe saddle (143). The saddle is very light with carbon rails. The color has faded out a bit and has few scuffs on the side, I ll take a picture later today. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

doh777 wrote: »

Just saw this now, they are oversized

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hi folks, would be looking for a Tiagra tripple set up to swap for a double compact. Im a woss when it comes to hills so I want the 3rd ring on the front. Mine are pretty much brand new so would be looking for the same.

Cheers.

Advertisement