Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi folks, would be looking for a Tiagra tripple set up to swap for a double compact. Im a woss when it comes to hills so I want the 3rd ring on the front. Mine are pretty much brand new so would be looking for the same.

Cheers.

Might be interested in this . Have a TiagraTriple set up on a bike I bought earlier this year in very good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi folks, would be looking for a Tiagra tripple set up to swap for a double compact. Im a woss when it comes to hills so I want the 3rd ring on the front. Mine are pretty much brand new so would be looking for the same.

Cheers.

Might be interested in this . Have a TiagraTriple set up on a bike I bought earlier this year in very good nick.

Cool beans, where abouts are you located? I've to get the stuff taken off the bike, don't have the tools my self!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

im looking for a low profile fixed gear wheel, mail me if you have one and i'll tell you what i have

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I have a 100mm stem on my new tarmac its 100mm and I need a swap for a 90mm brand new bike only rode twice.
    Pm me for a swap

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭lovelyoner

I've a pair of full carbon planet-x forks, ones for SL pro, absolutely brand new, never rode on, white in colour weigh <400 grams

Looking to swap for a pair of ideally straight, bladed carbon track forks that are drilled, but anything with one of the above might interest me! +cash either way, too.

I'd also consider selling them if any of you would like to make an offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Road frame to swap;

Aluminium with 3k carbon seat stays and a carbon Fuji fork with alloy steerer, size 56cm, same as in the link with a few superficial scratches, nothing out of the ordinary for a bike that actually gets used! Can include seatpost, headset, a bottle cage, stem and bars.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62249

What I'm looking for is a 56cm cyclocross frame, fork and headset. If there are brakes on the frame, I can swap them for Shimano Tiagra brakes also.

Thanks, Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Hi Dave,
    Just a word of caution about the sizing between road and cross - my road bike is a 53cm but my cross bike is a 48!
    The top tube on cross bikes tend to be a bit more horizontal on cross frames (rather than dipping towards the saddle), this along with the higher bottom bracket often mean you need to a few cm smaller for cross.
    I'm no expert though, just my own recent experience.

Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Hi Dave,
    Just a word of caution about the sizing between road and cross - my road bike is a 53cm but my cross bike is a 48!
    The top tube on cross bikes tend to be a bit more horizontal on cross frames (rather than dipping towards the saddle), this along with the higher bottom bracket often mean you need to a few cm smaller for cross.
    I'm no expert though, just my own recent experience.

Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo

Thanks for that. Yeah, the geometry's do tend to be a bit different, but size should be reasonably close, from what I can gather; having said that, my road bikes vary between 53-60cm, so even roadies are hardly consistent!

But thanks again, and to anyone else, I'm looking for a frame that is comparable in size to a 56cm version of the frame linked.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

I have a couple of polar devices that I'd rather swap for other bike bits.
    Two T31 transmitters and straps ,cs100 computer and a polar s710i watch.
    I've no brackets or speed sensors ,just the devices above. Would prefer to hand someone the lot in one go around northside dublin if interested.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Frame: AL 7005 series tubing oval to round down tube with hydroformed gusset and a square to round top tube and snake stays with carrier bosses Forks: SR SUNTOUR XC60 suspension fork

Center of BB to top of seat post frame is 20" top tube from head to seat post start is 23",depends how you measure it,

Gears: Shimano Deore 24 speed Shifters: STI Control Levers
    Chainset: Truvativ X-Flow triple with 22 32 and 42 tooth chainrings
    Brakes: Front and rear cable discs
    Wheels: Vuelta Airline alloy double wall 32 hole rims with alloy quick release disc hubs Tyres: Tioga Factory XC
    Handlebars: Tioga riser bars Stem: Alloy oversize
    Saddle: Tioga MC Groove X
    Free lock

LOOKING TO SWAP FOR DURA-ACE/ULTEGRA PARTS
    OR
    PART EXCHANGE + CASH FOR FULL ROAD GROUPSET

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭velogirl

Looking to swap a Shimano 105 (5700 black edition) chainset compact 50/34 172.5mm lenght cranks for a
    52/39 or 53/39 double chainset with similar or smaller lenght cranks

would suit someone looking to swap their double for a compact

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Anyone has spare Fizik Arione Saddle in black / yellow or black whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

I'm looking for a 26" MTB quick release back wheel.. no tire or tube necessary..

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ryan0380

Hi all,

I stupidly ordered the wrong bottom bracket for my frame and rather than send it back does anyone have one to swap. I have a SRAM red press fit bottom bracket with ceramic bearings (GXP black box one) brand new only taken out of box to look at my error. I need the exact same bottom bracket but with an English thread.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

I'm looking for a 26" MTB quick release back wheel.. no tire or tube necessary..

I have a Bontrager Ranger rear wheel spare, bought as a spare (2nd Hand) and never used but it is in good nick. No cassette either but do have a spare 160mm disc rotor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

velogirl wrote: »
    Looking to swap a Shimano 105 (5700 black edition) chainset compact 50/34 172.5mm lenght cranks for a
    52/39 or 53/39 double chainset with similar or smaller lenght cranks

would suit someone looking to swap their double for a compact

Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75025027&postcount=685

ckeego wrote: »
    Looking to trade a 172.5 Campag Chorus chainset 53-39 for a compact please.

Absolutely mint condition but need a little bit more in the hills...

Hi

I have an ad in looking to trade a Shimano 105 black compact chainset for a 53/39 double. I'm not sure if the Campag chainset would be compatible with the Shimano groupset or the Shimano chainset with the campag group?

It is currently on my son's bike but he will be racing this year so need to change the compact for a double.

Karma wrote: »

thanks Karma - not sure if the campag would be compatible with the shimano and vice versa?

its not the shifters so no reason why not, i have had some mixed groupsets in my time and no problem once its not the shifters and derailliers that clash. but maybe someone else can confirm for you, just in case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have ridden a campag record crankset on an otherwise Dura Ace Equipped bike and again on an otherwise SRAM Red equipped bike. Works perfect. Cranks are neutral...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I bought a DA crankset off a fellah here and he was using a DA crank with a full Record groupset no problem.

hi

Still looking for a double chainset in return for a compact - trade or buy - same as before 170 or 172.5 cranks preferably 52/39 but a 53/39 would do.

In return a 50/34 Shimano 105 5700 black chainset with 172.5 cranks.

Or if anyone has a suitable chainset they have lying around they want to sell - let me know

thanks

hi

Still looking for a double chainset in return for a compact - trade or buy - same as before 170 or 172.5 cranks preferably 52/39 but a 53/39 would do.

Or if anyone has a suitable chainset they have lying around they want to sell - let me know

thanks

i got octloink ultegra with only the 39 ring, any use? will check for a 52

edit reason-as ever, bad spelling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

hi

thanks

I've an FSA Gossamer 53/39 with 172.5 arms for swap. Can send a few pics tonight if interested.

Do you have the bottom bracket to match the FSA chainset ?

Karma wrote: »
    i got octloink ultegra with only the 39 ring, any use? will check for a 52

edit reason-as ever, bad spelling :P

Again would have to change the bottom bracket - do you have one to match?

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I've an FSA Gossamer 53/39 with 172.5 arms for swap. Can send a few pics tonight if interested.

Sorry BlaaMan - did some research and it's not possible to change out the 53 ring for a 52 as FSA only make the 52 chainring for their triple chainsets and not their double. Sorry to be so picky about this but its for an under 16 rider and their max is a 52. Was hoping to get a Shimano 52/39 or a 53/39 that I could change the outer ring on.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

No probs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi VeloGirl. I have a set of chainrings that I used to turn an FSA crankset from a compact 50/34 to a 52/38. Not sure if they will fit your Shimano compact, they probably will because they are 110 BCD which is fairly standard. The rings are black so they wouldn't look too bad either. I'd be willing to sell them if you were interested. Low mileage on them, very good condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Hi VeloGirl. I have a set of chainrings that I used to turn an FSA crankset from a compact 50/34 to a 52/38. Not sure if they will fit your Shimano compact, they probably will because they are 110 BCD which is fairly standard. The rings are black so they wouldn't look too bad either. I'd be willing to sell them if you were interested. Low mileage on them, very good condition.

never heard of this being done before is there any chance you could tell me where you got the bigger chainrings

Advertisement