Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

any chance i could swap the paddywagon for a 54cm paddywagon?! Mine is a 54 seat tube centre to top and 56 top tube c-c in blue. what colour's yours? and toptube length?

also how deep are the deep wheels? and have a they a braking surface? looking for something all black with deep rim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Hi there Cyco, Id rather not swap the frame, mine is the 2008 model and its grey white and black, there is a picture of it over on Adverts if you want to take a look.

The wheels are from this bike:
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bikes/lifestyle/2469/32689/

As mentioned they are unridden, this bike was stripped from new. The wheels are really very deep, they have a good braking surface. The exact depth is 42mm and you will get a good idea of the look from the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AfternoonBlue

Hi guys,

This may be a little off topic, not sure, so I'm sorry if it is. I was looking to get into road cycling as a sport and so was given a €300 voucher for a bike shop. The thing is the bike I liked is a little too expensive for me at the moment. I'd like to get going on the road sooner rather than later and I found the exact bike I want for a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Would anyone give me €250, or even a lower offer would be ok for the voucher? It's for Joe Daly in Dundrum.

Or what would possibly be better, swap a road cycle for the voucher and if you wanted more for it I could make up the difference in cash if it's not too much.

If this is too absurd a request, or to off topic, I'm sorry, but I'd like any help anyone can give me.

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

hey, cyco,
    how much for that paddy wagon frame.
    looking for a same one for a friend.
    let me know.
    regards

I will sell you my 56cm Paddy Wagon frame and fork, 2008 model, perfect condition with headset, bottom bracket and seat clamp for 180 if your interested

• Advertisement

will check to see if it will be the right size for my friend.
    cheers

mr. s
    my friend found a 52 fuji. tjanks anywaqy and good luck with the sale. damn i missed your wheels and cranks.
    good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

On the lookout for a 110mm or 120mm quill stem. Will happily trade some stuff I have lying around or offer cash. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

On the lookout for a 110mm or 120mm quill stem. Will happily trade some stuff I have lying around or offer cash. Cheers.

I have an old one, not bad condition but definately worn your are welcome to. Size -- 1" Threaded ? Looks like in inverted L.

I have an old one, not bad condition but definately worn your are welcome to. Size -- 1" Threaded ? Looks like in inverted L.

Thanks very much!

Yeah 1" is the size alright. Is it 110mm or 120mm? Quill stems look like this if you're in anyway unsure.

Let us know what you want in return, I have 70mm and 80mm quill stems if they interest you, plus odds and sods.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much!

Yeah 1" is the size alright. Is it 110mm or 120mm? Quill stems look like this if you're in anyway unsure.

Let us know what you want in return, I have 70mm and 80mm quill stems if they interest you, plus odds and sods.

That image is much nicer looking than mine. I'll post you a piccy tonight with measurements. Its 120 I think. If you want it after that I'll post it Monday unless you live around North side in which case I'll drop it to ya.

I don't want anything for it .. well go on ... swim the liffey naked from O'Conell bridge to Customs House -- I'll leave it on the steps

That image is much nicer looking than mine. I'll post you a piccy tonight with measurements. Its 120 I think. If you want it after that I'll post it Monday unless you live around North side in which case I'll drop it to ya.

I don't want anything for it .. well go on ... swim the liffey naked from O'Conell bridge to Customs House -- I'll leave it on the steps

Ah you're far too kind - I live on the North Side and would certainly pick it up if available, wouldn't have you dropping it out to me!!! I'll be floating around tomorrow evening if you're about? Will swing by to your neck of the woods.

I can't swim :(, even when I wear my lucky red togs.

Ah you're far too kind - I live on the North Side and would certainly pick it up if available, wouldn't have you dropping it out to me!!! I'll be floating around tomorrow evening if you're about? Will swing by to your neck of the woods.

I can't swim :(, even when I wear my lucky red togs.

My god -- I was very scared then -- I though you said my lucky red thong

My god -- I was very scared then -- I though you said my lucky red thong

:eek:

...back to the quill stem...

I'll send you a PM and see when you're around so.

tiny is looking for a 70/80mm stem, have larger ones to trade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Yes, I have a 110mm quill stem to trade for a 70 or 80mm one -thought that the one mentioned above was gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Hi guys,

This may be a little off topic, not sure, so I'm sorry if it is. I was looking to get into road cycling as a sport and so was given a €300 voucher for a bike shop. The thing is the bike I liked is a little too expensive for me at the moment. I'd like to get going on the road sooner rather than later and I found the exact bike I want for a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Would anyone give me €250, or even a lower offer would be ok for the voucher? It's for Joe Daly in Dundrum.

Or what would possibly be better, swap a road cycle for the voucher and if you wanted more for it I could make up the difference in cash if it's not too much.

If this is too absurd a request, or to off topic, I'm sorry, but I'd like any help anyone can give me.

Cheers guys.

hey Afternoon blue. i'm buying a bike in joe dalys and i'll happily take the voucher for 250e, i actually didn't know they did vouchers, i would prefer to meet you there just to check its legit cos if i went to the gardai saying afternoon blue ripped me off i reckon they'd laugh,
    may as well pm you too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AfternoonBlue

Cool man, I'll meet you there whenever you like, I like quite nearby.

Ah feck it. I'll pm you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Hey guys,

I order a Specialized Tricross Single Speed http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/product/4422/SPECIALIZED_TRICROSS_SINGLE_2008_RRP_450_SAVE_175_NOW_27499 from peasons in a size 56cm. However I find this a little bit to big, but postage back is such a killer that I was wondering if anyone here was thinking of ordering one? I took it out of the box, set it up, sat on it and realised it was to big for me. Hasn't even been out of the house.

All up it cost me around €320, so offers around that much please (really you should give me more, setting it up and everything for you!;))

The frame still has its protective wrapping on, the rear hub is indeed flip-flop so it could be set up as a fixie if thats what you want.

In the South Dublin (D6) area, can provide pic's on request.

Yes, I have a 110mm quill stem to trade for a 70 or 80mm one -thought that the one mentioned above was gone :)

Still on the lookout. You could have both the 70mm and the 80mm stems, I'm not going to use them! You around this weekend?

Edit: just let me make sure that I can find them!

• Advertisement

cheers afternoon blue all the best with the new bike, i know i can't wait to get mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Bit of a long shot here; would anyone have some Look Keo / SPD SL pedals they'd like to get rid of?! Particularly lower-end like 105 (cheaper!) types?

Thanks

Apologies, just realised this is a 'swap' thread..

Basster wrote: »
    Apologies, just realised this is a 'swap' thread..
    mmmm i reckon you can wing it on that one, just keeping it among cyclists.

OK, cool! Ordered from Wiggle just now anyway. (Why did I get into this cycling lark?!) Bike I can't afford: check, lights; check, weird clothes; check, pedals; almost....!

Ok im updating the list of items that I have for sale, just clearing out the shed, some nice bits on offer:

1) KONA Paddywagon 56cm frame, fork, headset, bottom bracket & seat clamp - €170
    2) Ritchey WCS 44cm (31.8mm) handlebars - 2 pairs - €25 each
    3) Raceface Cadence bars 44cm (31.8mm) - 1 pair (New) - €20
    4) Ritchey PRO 27.2mm seatpost, black - €15
    5) Kona Seatpost 27.2mm black - €15
    6) Raceface Cadence stem 110mm, 1 & 1/8" - €15
    7) Silver alloy stem 110mm, 1 & 1/8" - €15
    8) Tacx Turbotrainer Tyre - €10
    9) Tacx Sweat Net - €5
    10) Giant alloy stem 110mm, 1 & 1/8" - €15
    11) FSA Sealed bottom bracket, new - €15
    12) Kona alloy stem 110mm, 1 & 1/8" - €15
    13) Tektro brake calipers, pair, silver, new - €25
    14) Cane creek front brake caliper - €35

Any questions let me know, im based in Dublin, northside.

Cheers

so a little stock check of the big stuff:
    track wheels "all tubs"
    105 hub on old mavic rim
    campy huub on mavic rim
    mallard(french-duck i think?) rear hub with lockring thread
    pilsener?(french) rear hub with lockring thread

looking for mtb v brakes, shifters and brake leavers and a mtb 9/8speed rear wheel.

haggling is just getting to know each other :P

have other bits but need a warm day to check it all(tiny knows what i mean)

Karma wrote: »
    have other bits but need a warm day to check it all(tiny knows what i mean)

Sure it's not a Maillard hub -don't think ducks made bikes!

how is that "software build" going.... back to work you.
    sure your right, but i cant spell, so i dont know :P

• Advertisement

Karma wrote: »
    how is that "software build" going.... back to work you.
    sure your right, but i cant spell, so i dont know :P

Man, it takes its time :p

Advertisement