Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hello folks.

I am looking for a stem, particularly a raised stem. Need to get the hoods a little closer to me (say by 2cm), to help alleviate some back pain.

Anyone got a spare one. Not sure what I could swap, but we could come to an arrangement.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Hey guys, I'm looking for an old rear wheel (for 9speed Shimano) to be used on a turbo trainer only. Anything round, with spokes and a shimano fitting will do (preferably straight :p)...not willing to spend much (if anything at all). That old wheel lying around uselessly in your shed is exactly what I'm looking for! Haha...thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I have some Shimano M324 Pedals Single Sided that i don't find comfortable any more as i am always with the spd shoes. If someone has any clipless mtb pedals that would like to exchange (and i can give some money as well) please send me a pm. The pedals are almost new :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Has anybody got any old 700x23c wheels any condition considered 7 speed cassette would be great with the rear too

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I have some Shimano M324 Pedals Single Sided that i don't find comfortable any more as i am always with the spd shoes. If someone has any clipless mtb pedals that would like to exchange (and i can give some money as well) please send me a pm. The pedals are almost new :)

Cheers!
    If the trade falls out dibs on buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

hey I have two single speed chain tensioners that I need to swap for one that might fit

One is the Shimano Alfine tensioner (missing spacers)

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/images/shimano07_alfine_hi.jpg

The other is this one,

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-POWERPLAY-Powerplay-CHT100-Single-Speed-Chain-Tensioner-13370.htm

Both have only been mounted once or twice and never actually ridden.

I'd let them go for 10 euro each, or swap for a tensioner like this

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/singulator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a brand new 16t 1/8" track cog that I'd like to swap for a 15t 1/8" track cog or sell for a tenner.

Hi, I'm selling this Bontrager Race saddle.

**3rd & FINAL PRICE DROP** Down to only €25! BARGAIN! I will not go any lower than this! wink.gif

NOTE: I can post anywhere in Ireland for €4 / €5!

bontragerracesaddlefy1.jpg

This is a brand new Bontrager Race Saddle for sale. It came on my brand new Trek racing bike worth €1,000 euro and is only for sale as I want a white one. This saddle has only been used once on a test ride and immediately replaced with a new one (as a result there are no marks whatsoever and would pass as a new saddle, only there is no box and tags!). It is a lightweight saddle, ideal for those people looking to lose a few grams here and there.

No reasonable offer will be rejected, but it will only be sold to the person who makes the best offer. It's in Limerick, but contact me if you live further away, we might be able to organise something! Thanks in advance! smile.gif

Does anybody need a Krytonite U-lock bike mount for a second bike?

I have a spare here i wont be needing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

ah, dont use them- they damage the finish of the bike and the rust monster cometh... oh and just extra weight.

• Advertisement

was in think bike in rathmines and they have those type of tensioners in the workshop.
    hope this 'elps.
    penexpers wrote: »
    hey I have two single speed chain tensioners that I need to swap for one that might fit

One is the Shimano Alfine tensioner (missing spacers)

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/images/shimano07_alfine_hi.jpg

The other is this one,

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-POWERPLAY-Powerplay-CHT100-Single-Speed-Chain-Tensioner-13370.htm

Both have only been mounted once or twice and never actually ridden.

I'd let them go for 10 euro each, or swap for a tensioner like this

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/singulator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Have a few things for sale/trade/give-away:

1. A Ritchey 24x1.6-2.0 latex inner tube. Made a mistake and ordered 24" instead of 26" from Chain Reaction Cycles. Cost me 4 Euro on a special. Supposedly, a good tube if you have a 24" wheel.

2. Shimano Alivio rear derailleur. Only two months old and used for commuting so has about 200km (road-only) on it. Works perfect. I've upgraded to LX.

3. Also have Shimano front and rear Alivio shifters+V brake levers but those are several years old. They work perfect. 7-speed.

4. An old MTB rear wheel, Shimano 7-speed. The rim has a small crack around one nipple so if you can use it for anything, you can have it.

Looking for a chain tool, any Park Tool tools, a decent new/used front MTB wheel (not disc brake). Open to other road/MTB/hybrid items, tools, cash etc. etc.

garo wrote: »
    4. An old rear wheel, Shimano 7-speed. The rim has a small crack around one nipple so if you can use it for anything, you can have it.

Hi, I was looking for a wheel to use on a turbo trainer. If you think this is ok for this purpose, I'd love to take it off your hands ! Provided it is a road wheel that is! Whereabouts are you based?

Sorry, omitted to mention that it is a 26" wheel. I'm based in D3 and work in the city centre.

interested in the wheel Garo, can collect or meet. i should have a front mtb wheel for it.

Sure we can meet in the city or D3. You do realize that there is small crack around a nipple on the rim and the wheel is about 8 years old and has about 5000k (mostly road) on it. Other than that it works fine and I've been riding it for my daily commute. Only changing it because I'm going to 9-speed.

Has anybody got a fixie wheelset they're Looking to get rid of and i may be interested in a crankset also

garo wrote: »
    Sure we can meet in the city or D3. You do realize that there is small crack around a nipple on the rim and the wheel is about 8 years old and has about 5000k (mostly road) on it. Other than that it works fine and I've been riding it for my daily commute. Only changing it because I'm going to 9-speed.

will leave it then, misread it as a broken spoke.

Anyone interested in a brand new Surly Tuggnut? Doesn't fit my bike due to added mudguards and rack poking too far down into the track end. €20 makes it yours but you'll have to be quick as otherwise it is going back to Wiggle. Would swap for pair of MKS tugs either if they would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

specialities mint 47t, fits sugino zen crankset. May be of interest to any of the new tricross owners.
    swap for a 18t cog or charitable donation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

damn it i thought someone was putting up crank set, hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Brand new set of shim 105 brakes. Got from wiggle. Dont fit and want to get rid of them.

Ryder- bear in mind you can send stuff back to Wiggle for a refund if it doesn't fit, you get a very reasonable 40 days to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Thanks. Stupidly dumped some of the packing. Still...will be a good deal for someone else or spares for my other bike

• Registered Users Posts: 47 addict

Two sets of new Bontrager Shimano cork brake pads for carbon rims for sale
    €25 per set postage included

• Registered Users Posts: 48 viperventoux

Does anyone have a 9 speed shimano road cassette lying around need one for my turbo HG50 or similar used etc.. I have a used 105 rear mech in decent condition or a new pair of tektro brake callipers in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Have a couple of bits and bobs for trade:

- 90mm and 110mm Deda Quattro stems
    - 42cm Van Nicholas anatomic handlebars
    - 80mm quill stem
    - A Selle Royal saddle

Looking for:
    (a) 40cm handlebars (anatomic or traditional)
    (b) A few quid to go towards (a) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Hey Guys,

Looking to get new pedals, cleats and shoes for my peugeot bike.

It's just got standard pedals now.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

souter wrote: »
    specialities mint 47t, fits sugino zen crankset. May be of interest to any of the new tricross owners.
    swap for a 18t cog or charitable donation.

is this still going?

would it fit onto the crank arm from the new langster, that comes with sugino 42 messenger

id be able to make a donation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

anyone want a pair of these? they have been used for about a week, the middle is pretty much a slick with knobbles on the shoulders.2641_1094299511067_1033925518_30299830_4004608_n.jpg
    swap for anything, although any assortment of bike light attachments would be appreciated, but other than that going for free........

Advertisement