Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike parts for trade?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hey man, I got the exact same groupset on my Trek 1.5 and I am thinking of upgrading to Ultegra SL too! How much did the groupset upgrade cost you? Also, will you let me know how you get on selling this groupset (like how much you get for it) so that I know if it is worth my while my while at all! Cheers ;)
    I got the upgrade through a friend of mine in January, He supplied and fitted the full Ultegra SL for just over €500. He owns a bike shop here in Waterford. He certainly done me a very good deal. However Shimano have since put up their prices so I not 100% sure how much it is now.

At present he is putting together my new bike a Dolan Hercules SE with Ultegra SL on that one too. So I guess I will know soon enough how much it has increases.

I really have no idea how much I will get for the sora one though. From looking at ebay, the brake levers are probably the worth the most though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hey Guys,

Got an 8 speed xt mtb casette here - bought it as part of the kona build i've got going but eBay neglected to tell me it's not 9 speed, d'Oh. :(

It's brand new and I've a few bits left to source so if anyone's got a new 9 speed LX casette (or equivalent), or lock on grips, or fizik saddle or similar and interested in a swap PM, (make me an offer!) it'll only be gathering dust otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I have three 26" wheels to dispose of

One front complete wheel which is cheap but works fine
    One rear wheel, same as above, no block
    One front wheel with no cup/cones. Might be handy for a spare rim/spokes.

Free to whomever wants them, or if someone has a 700c 8 speed rear wheel, that would be cool.

edit, totally off topic, I also have a brand new rugby ball I don't want and a usb rocket launcher thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Gavin, you're welcome to the wheel if you want it- Any chance you have a half decent flat bar?

To go-

black 700c rear road wheel complete with 8 speed cassette. quick release but nothing special.

MTB front wheel. perfectly fine for a regular mtb. it's straight and works

MTB fork. Marzocchi Z1 alloy. They're old but silky smooth and dont leak or anything like that. feature a double disc mount and 4" travel. €40?

MTB frame. Aluminium Azonic copy. Very small frame for jumping, slalom or whatever. Would go well with the fork above but also comes with a steel rigid fork, fsa orbit headset a seat post and clamp, bb, a derailleur or two and a few bits and pieces €40?

Also bits and pieces like lx brake levers, dx flat pedals, old spd mtb pedals, 8speed brake/gear combo shifters, an ~50mm standard clamp stem, a 130mm standard clamp stem and other bits and pieces if interested.

Any half reasonable offer will be accepted especially if you take the lot but a good trade would be better still.

I'm looking for a nice pair of track handlebars- drop bars with the long curve on top to fit a standard stem (not 31.8)

Also looking for a mtb flat bar standard clamp size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Hey there. Would that 50mm stem fit on mountain bike bars? The bike is a Specialized Rockhopper FS that my girlfriend rides and currently has to stretch a bit to reach the bars. Would be happy to swap you the existing stem for it - I reckon it's 100-110mm - if it's any use to you...
    cyco wrote: »
    Gavin, you're welcome to the wheel if you want it- Any chance you have a half decent flat bar?

To go-

black 700c rear road wheel complete with 8 speed cassette. quick release but nothing special.

MTB front wheel. perfectly fine for a regular mtb. it's straight and works

MTB fork. Marzocchi Z1 alloy. They're old but silky smooth and dont leak or anything like that. feature a double disc mount and 4" travel. €40?

MTB frame. Aluminium Azonic copy. Very small frame for jumping, slalom or whatever. Would go well with the fork above but also comes with a steel rigid fork, fsa orbit headset a seat post and clamp, bb, a derailleur or two and a few bits and pieces €40?

Also bits and pieces like lx brake levers, dx flat pedals, old spd mtb pedals, 8speed brake/gear combo shifters, an ~50mm standard clamp stem, a 130mm standard clamp stem and other bits and pieces if interested.

Any half reasonable offer will be accepted especially if you take the lot but a good trade would be better still.

I'm looking for a nice pair of track handlebars- drop bars with the long curve on top to fit a standard stem (not 31.8)

Also looking for a mtb flat bar standard clamp size

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Shercobar

Cyclo,

Will offer asking for the 700 rear wheel.
    I have no good bike parts to offer as I am new to cycling.
    Can collect from D6 anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

It's yours. Just in time as no reply from Gavin. I'll Pm you my number for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Nuts. Beaten to the post. No flat bar I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Hi All -

Long shot but Im looking for pretty much a full groupset bits for a new build, would be looking for ultegra or better but would consider 105 if there s anything going

- 10 speed rear mech
    - double front mech
    - Chainset (53/39 Preferrable)
    - BB
    - TT base Bar
    - TT Bar end shifters
    - TT Brake Levers
    - Front and rear calipers

What I could trade:

MTB Tyres:
    2x specialized pro, 2.1 tyres (Fast rolling, light) (pretty much perfect)
    1x Nobby Nic, 1x Racing ralph, both 2.35's i think in good condition.

Other
    2 brand new unused fulcrum QR skewers (from R'3's)
    1x No name comfy gel saddle
    1x RFR prolight seatpost, light Alu, 31.6d

Bike:

Single Speed/ Fixie:Pretty Similar to :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fantastic-Fixed-Single-speed-bike-AMAZING-PRICE_W0QQitemZ330318850473QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item330318850473&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Except pearl white, with Black deep wheels, gold rear flip flop hub

.....and a nice Flame saddle :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

trinewbie wrote: »
    2 brand new unused fulcrum QR skewers (from R'3's)

How much for these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Gavin wrote: »
    I have three 26" wheels to dispose of

One front complete wheel which is cheap but works fine
    One rear wheel, same as above, no block
    One front wheel with no cup/cones. Might be handy for a spare rim/spokes.

Free to whomever wants them, or if someone has a 700c 8 speed rear wheel, that would be cool.

edit, totally off topic, I also have a brand new rugby ball I don't want and a usb rocket launcher thing.

Hey dude, you still got the 26" wheels? I need a complete front & rear if you have em still.

On that note, I am now the proud owner of a POS Black alu MTB fork & frame only that I found on top of a bin. (Figured the universe was trying to make up for my Bowery in some small way.)

Drop outs are relatively horizontal, so I'll build it up as an ultra-cheap FG beater to use or maybe donate if I don't like it (and earner enough to buy another bowery)!

So any other parts going spare e.g. saddle post (to be measured), BB, cranks, etc, all appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Hi guys I'm looking for a pair of road pedals with cleats to replace the ordinary pedals that are currently on my road bike. I wanted to check here before going out and buying new!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

not much chance of finding one, but does anyone have an ultegra/dura ace left arm crank 170 mm

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

Húrin wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm looking for a pair of road pedals with cleats to replace the ordinary pedals that are currently on my road bike. I wanted to check here before going out and buying new!

I have a set of these and also some more basic shimano ones that I want to sell

paddyb wrote: »
    I have a set of these and also some more basic shimano ones that I want to sell

That's good to hear Paddy. Let us communicate henceforth by PMs, so we can meet up and do a deal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

E@gle. wrote: »
    not much chance of finding one, but does anyone have an ultegra/dura ace left arm crank 170 mm

Would you believe I do ! (full chainset (no hub) 9 speed version (hollowtech cranks) well worn but in good nick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

RobFowl wrote: »
    Would you believe I do ! (full chainset (no hub) 9 speed version (hollowtech cranks) well worn but in good nick)

cool it just the left crank arm im looking for, how much u want for it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

E@gle. wrote: »
    cool it just the left crank arm im looking for, how much u want for it?
    You can have it, just sitting in my study/den/dumping ground gathering dust.
    Or if you've some thing to swap happy enough either way.
    PM me your address and I'll post it (unless your're in north county dublin any time soon !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

Single Speed Chainset/Crank/Bottom Bracket

http://adverts.ie/107132

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

look 585 origin for sale
    http://adverts.ie/107092

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Anyone interested in this?

77168.jpg

77169.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

What size is it .. ? Any idea of the age ?

What size is it .. ? Any idea of the age ?

It's a 58 with a 56 top tube. No idea of age as I did not buy it myself, but possibly over 10 years old anyway! There are some signs of rust after being left in the old shed, but nothing too serious I don't think! Wolber Aubisque and Aspin front and rear wheels respectively. Weight 10kg as pictured. Let me know if you are interested or want any other info on the spec! Cheers ;)

77173.jpg77174.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

It's a 58 with a 56 top tube. No idea of age as I did not buy it myself, but possibly over 10 years old anyway! There are some signs of rust after being left in the old shed, but nothing too serious I don't think! Wolber Aubisque and Aspin front and rear wheels respectively. Weight 10kg as pictured. Let me know if you are interested or want any other info on the spec! Cheers ;)

A bit too big for me ... if no one here bites .. I might take it off you just to restore it ...

By the way, what are you looking for it.

I too would have in interest in it, depending on the asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Húrin wrote: »
    hey if you are finished with the ordinary road pedals (assuming they are the type that come with cages) could i have them for my fixie??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

SPINERGY wrote: »
    I have no idea what the exact model or year of this bike is so I just put it up here on Adverts to see what the response is like. I said:

Maybe this is ridiculously expensive or cheap, I have no idea. Hopefully some honest genuine person on here can advise me on what they think should roughly be the selling price! I would genuinely really appreciate it, so thanks very much in advance! Cheers :)

err did you sign in on the wrong account?

/edit: lol @ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59760986&postcount=5

Here is is again in the right account: sorry bout that Sean_K! :p lol!

I have no idea what the exact model or year of this bike is so I just put it up here on Adverts to see what the response is like. I said:
    Hi guys, I have this lovely Peugeot racing bike lying around in my shed for a while now and it is really wasted. As I am not using it, hopefully I will find another loving owner for it. It is pretty lightweight at 10kg (hence the picture of the frame sticker) and handmade in England with Reynolds 531 tubing. As it has been left in the shed for the last while, it has developed some minor rust patches but nothing too serious I don't think. It will probably need a bit of work to get it running smoothly again, so it could be your chance to build up a nice cheap bike or else to try your own restoration project. It's really up to you what you do with it. Anyway, it has Wolber Aubisque and Wolber Aspin Front and Rear wheels respectively. The frame is a 58cm with a 56cm top tube.

The price I have posted is only a guide price, so it is completely flexible. I am open to any reasonable offers, and as usual it will go to the highest bidder. Show some interest and you never know, it might just end up being yours! There is already a bit of interest in it on Boards.ie. Good luck

P.S. I am in Limerick, but I am constantly traveling around the country for races so let me know where you live. You never know, I might just be passing by your front door so don't let that put you off. We can always arrange something to suit both of us! :)

Maybe this is ridiculously expensive or cheap, I have no idea. Hopefully some honest genuine person on here can advise me on what they think should roughly be the selling price! I would genuinely really appreciate it, so thanks very much in advance! Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Change of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

77168.jpg

77169.jpg

Im very interested!

Pm on the way.:D

Advertisement