Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Have a question

Options
  • 25-09-2006 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Will you please give your opinion of our website?

This website was setup by a small privet business and not the government and we would like the opinion of internet users on what we have done.

We can see that Boards.ie is a popular website so this is why I ask in here.

Site: www.DrivingInfo.ie

Thanks
    Drive Safe, Have Fun..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

very nice and full of information. i like it.
    One thing - I would make the advertisment links open in a new window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Anyone else find it a bit on the slow side? 4 meg connection here but its a bit sluggish...could be a disaster on dial-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Anyone else find it a bit on the slow side? 4 meg connection here but its a bit sluggish...could be a disaster on dial-up?

A bit - i think cause of the flash advertisment.

Also i found some sql statements in your page source.
    How safe can that be giving the tables name away?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The only item which I find unfortunate is that the banner ad is more prominent than the site logo. I understand that bills have to be paid, but I've seen this often recently and it always gives off the impression that you *really, really* want your visitors to look at the ads more than the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭vito

seamus wrote:
    The only item which I find unfortunate is that the banner ad is more prominent than the site logo. I understand that bills have to be paid, but I've seen this often recently and it always gives off the impression that you *really, really* want your visitors to look at the ads more than the site.

*cough* who's to say that's not the purpose here?

WRT site, it's a little lacking on color and contrast? A bit of livening up is sure to hold onto eyeballs a bit longer? Unless of course my first statement is correct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

vito wrote:
    *cough* who's to say that's not the purpose here?

WRT site, it's a little lacking on color and contrast? A bit of livening up is sure to hold onto eyeballs a bit longer? Unless of course my first statement is correct?

Can you tell me. what is WRT?

As the users have full access to the site free and we don't sell anything, the advertising is what keeps us going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i'd try to avoid using flash for you advertising down the right pane. A lot of people block flash, especially in firefox using adblock. Also it's a bit big. Also flash has one or two negatives regarding cache over static images.

Also you can't count click-thrus on the flash adverts you have. Try phpadsnew as an ad manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭vito

Can you tell me. what is WRT?

With Respect To

No offense meant with comment on advertising. Just that your site sort of reminds me of a niche MFA site. Lack of colors to to keep attention and prominance of the colorful adverts. Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

vito wrote:
    With Respect To

No offense meant with comment on advertising. Just that your site sort of reminds me of a niche MFA site. Lack of colors to to keep attention and prominance of the colorful adverts. Just my opinion.

That’s design number 3 no doubt we will change it again.

Advertisement