Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Married - not enough time

• 25-09-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Ok, I had a really strange, really REAL dream the night before last.
    For some reason, in my dream, I decided I was going to Marry my BF at 9.35pm, on a Thursday, and in my dream it was Thursday already.
    I borrowed a dress, which I can see so clearly in my mind,
    It went to the knee, and had a big flower stuck on at the waist.
    I can see myself looking in the mirror, trying to do my own hair, and with one hand at my hair, the other hand is shoving these pink glitter shoes onto my feel.
    I wasn't happy with how I looked, nothing was right, nothing was as I would have chosen.
    My dad was waiting in the car, and my mam was telling me 'you look grand, you look grand, come on', and calling me from the front door.
    I remember feeling sad, cos I didn't have nay of my friends there to be nice and encouraging - even thought my Dad was in the car, and my mam was in the house, I felt all alone - like I had no one to share the whole thing with.

The dream ended as I was about to get into my dads care to take the lift to the church.

My make up wasn't finished and my hair wasn't done right.

Very strange dream indeed - anyone got any ideas as to what it might mean? If anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I dunno,maybe deep down you're feeling like you have a lot on your plate and you're not getting much help from anyone. Taking on too much perhaps.

Also,the thing with your parents,you say they were rushing you into the car,saying you looked grand. Rushing you to get married,in other words.

However,maybe marriage could represent a committment of some other kind. One that you don't feel ready to make. And your parents could represent the "critical parent" side of your personality. The part of us that keeps ourselves on the straight and narrow,but also the part of us that can treat us a little harshly sometimes. It's more of a head voice than a heart voice,if you get me.

Try thinking about your life and the things about which you've maybe been a little hard on yourself. Then try to think about the softer side of yourself. Listen to what it's saying. Our head and our heart are constantly conflicting,but you must find a way of listening to them both.

If you only ever listen to your head then your heart will find a way to make itself heard sooner or later....

Advertisement