Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newstalk feed

• 25-09-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what satellite / transponder newstalk`s feed is on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

According to the proposals submitted to the BCI at the time of application, Intesat 907 at 27.5 West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Using a 2m dish at FM TX sites allegedly... Seems odd. I can get C5 (no picture or sound as it is encrypted ) on 80cm and
    http://www.intelsat.com/apps/coverage-maps/sat_foot.htm?name=907&loc=332.5&band=s1&beam=1&dir=E
    Would seem to be the beam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

All I picked up about an hour ago was a sports feed from the U.S. on a 1M dish.
    :rolleyes:

2m dishes at each site seems a bit mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

watty wrote:
    Using a 2m dish at FM TX sites allegedly... Seems odd. I can get C5 (no picture or sound as it is encrypted ) on 80cm and
    http://www.intelsat.com/apps/coverage-maps/sat_foot.htm?name=907&loc=332.5&band=s1&beam=1&dir=E
    Would seem to be the beam.

Does teletext work with that C5 feed???

The large dish size I assume is due to considering occasions of bad rain fade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

that sports feed is probably nba tv which seems to be fta on that sat. Btw 15w has a few feeds again, drhans site has the frequencies, usually nbc and msnbc with abc the odd time, even saw fox a few weeks ago. One of the channels has monday night nfl with u2 and green day playing before the match atm.

• Advertisement

Antenna wrote:
    Does teletext work with that C5 feed???

The large dish size I assume is due to considering occasions of bad rain fade?
    no teletext or anything. Just Network Name.

possibly. I'd have thought 110cm. Either it is low power to aviod 80cm dish users receiving or they expecting scary rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The dishes are 1 or 1.2M.

You won't be able to pick up anything on a satelllite receiver as Newstalk are using an IP based network. VSAT basically, and then the audio is streamed over the network along along with other stuff, e.g. telemetry, etc.

That makes more sense I was misinformed or over my radio link heard 1.2 as 2 (very likely as I was almost out of repeater range at 120kph on M7). He did say IP network. Of course the MP2 Audio is really sent as IP also :)

If it isn't encrypted a Skystar2 PC card or similar might be got to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

I907 is odd. There are 8 active, high power TPs on V and nothing on H.

11080, V, 34800 - rumoured to be HD Discovery
    11475, V, 12200 - NTL enc
    11668, V, 13080 - Ch5 enc
    11688, V, 5632 - NBA TV in PAL FTA.

There are 4 other TPs at 10971, 11016, 11149 and 11563 but none of them is in QPSK.

Advertisement