Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen mobile

• 25-09-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had my mobile stolen two weeks back on a Friday night, and unfortunately it was Saturday afternoon before I realised it was gone. By the time I cancelled it, some cnut had run up 166 quids worth of calls to Romania, Spain and Norway.
    I'm with 3, and have availed of their replacement handset for 50 quid, but now have to stay with them for another 12 months (I had planned to go pay as you go once the contract was up). 3 are telling me that I have to pay the 166 euro, because I didn't report the phone stolen earlier. Can anyone give me any advice on this? It p*sses me off that I have to pay for some criminal's calls. I'm thinking of going to the cops to report this, but I'm not expecting them to be able to do anything about it.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Unless you have insurance (ie third party like carphonewarehouses lifeline) I would say your probably not covered. As far as know the 3care policy only covers the loss of the handset and not any accessories or calls. They do have a document on their website called 3care or something like that. In anycase you would have to have notified the network and the Gardai/relevant national police force within 24 hours based on my previous dealings with phone insurance.

I took a quick glance through their T's and C's it states that your responsible for all calls until the handset is reported missing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Unfortunitly you're stuck for the calls up until you report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I figured as much - thought someone might have another take on this. It can't hurt to go to the guards anyway - I'll post here after I've seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Jus wondering ...How did it take 2 weeks before you realised your phone was missing??
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Do you or do you not have Insurance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement