Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Batteries

• 25-09-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of buying replacement batteries of ebay? The BL-5C in my 6230 is on its last legs and I have desire to fork out 30 euro for an origina nokia one. so did a quick search on ebay and came across a number of cheap replacements.

just wondering are they any use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I got a few of those replacement ones for several Nokia phones and they work a treat, alot of them were the original Nokia batteries and much cheaper than in the bricks and mortar shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

hmmm mixed reviews!

@ruu do you have the sellers name?

actually Nismo have u ur sellers name so i can steer clear?

I will try and root up the name later when I go through my eBay transactions, Hong Kong seller as far as I can remember but fine.

Ruu wrote:
    I will try and root up the name later when I go through my eBay transactions, Hong Kong seller as far as I can remember but fine.

cool man would be much appreciated. looking at a few there at the min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

AFAIK, the only cases of phones exploding have been when cheap, counterfeit batteries have been used.
    Personally I would pay a bit more to make sure it's authentic Nokia.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/26802714

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Not from ebay, but did buy one from a UK online shop (batteryshop.co.uk or something like that) a few years ago. Battery was perfect and about 1/3 of the shop price here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I've bought quite a few batteries on eBay over the years, never had a problem.

This is the store I got mine from OP. It was a BL-5C one for my Ngage that I had purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I've bought Siemens batteries (well, batteries *for* a Siemens) and never had any problems. However, what I thought was a genuine Sony Ericsson battery wasn't - bizarrely the phone itself alerted me to the fact. Still worked ok, though.

The only battery I've ever had actual problems with (and had to send it back) was a replacement Dell X50v battery - it would charge in the cradle but the Axim refused to charge the battery when itside it. Very odd.

• Advertisement

cheers for the help guys. but my loudspeaker went last night so i guess my phone is ****ed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

byrnefm wrote:
    The only battery I've ever had actual problems with (and had to send it back) was a replacement Dell X50v battery - it would charge in the cradle but the Axim refused to charge the battery when itside it. Very odd.

Dell batteries have some sort of chip in them and laptops etc refuse to charge non-genuine batteries. I've had this problem with a Dell battery from eBay also.

Advertisement