Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Telco for roaming & international calls Q?

• 25-09-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi, work have repremanded me for using the company mobile while abroad, so I need to get a pay as you go job. Can anyone recomend the best company to go for with international calls & roaming in mind?

Thanx!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Where are you going? Britian, Europe, all over? One particular country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

O2 and Vodafone have the best roaming offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

For UK, 3 is the cheapest. Everywhere else, it's Vodafone. I'm not sure if you can get the good roaming deals on a pre-pay phone. I doubt it as you need to take out a subscription to get the cheap calls. O2 has nothing of any use to offer. If you're interested in making international calls, sign up with www.call13434.ie and use their 01 number to route the international calls through. They've saved me a fortune on international calls as the calls are included in my minute bundle.

O2 usually offer 59c per minute roaming to almost anywhere in Europe and the USA, even on pre-pay. That makes them cheaper than Vodafone for roaming in countries where Vodafone don't offer Passport (mainly the USA).

Vodafone Passport is even available on pre-pay -- 79c connection charge for all calls + whatever you'd pay at home. So for example, receiving a call costs 79 cents, no matter if it's 1 minute or 1 hour in length. Registration is free, just call up or check a box on the web site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Thanx everyone, i should have stated it, but it'd making calls & roaming in the US. That 13434 looks interesting. Also had a look at www.airtalk.ie

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

If it is always USA, then unlock yiour phone, buy a local pre-paid, call your irish voice mail and put a new messge with your new american number. Try and get an american intermediate call carrier. A few years ago in Spain I bought a Spanish pre-paid sim used a local pre-paid carrier ( found advertised at local internet cafe) and I was paying about 15 or 20 cents to call Ireland. This was actually November 2003.

Yes I've no idea about the usability of a USA SIM in Irish phone. Buy a local phone for $50. Don,t know either if pre-paid sim's exist over there. Also don't know about intermediate call carriers. But if you are going there regular this would be the way to go. You could even used the same US number each time.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

cool. i'll prob go with vodafone & get a USA sim card.

thanx!

You'll need to get a tri-band or quad-band phone, otherwise it won't work in the US.

aren'y most phones tri-band these days?

• Advertisement
Advertisement