Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT customer service wait times

Options
  • 25-09-2006 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Whats The Story With Bt,,i Was Trying To Get Through To Their Customer Care Dept And Was On Hold For Over 1 Hr!! In The End Had To Hang Up..

Just Tried Again Now And Was On Hold For 30mins Then Got Cut Off

On Again Now And 25 Mins On Hold.

What A Poor Level Of Service...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Bloody Terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

You may get use to it, it's been that way for years :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

BT been grand for me ever since 2003 :) sorry to hear it isn't working out for you but no need to brand it as a bad company just because it doesn't work out as well for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Sorry there customer service is atrocious. I have spent approx 3 hrs on the phone over the last two days trying to get through to a human being and still no luck.
    Add insult to injury they have this queue busting software whereby your supposed to keep your place on the queue and they'll call you back when its your turn but they never do.
    From my experience when you do get through to them the staff are unhelpful, don't know their jobs and can be downright rude.
    BT - avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Well I posted in another thread the problems with their customer service. Its a good product but their call center is the worst. 30 mins you waited ??? Well you had them on a good day !!! My record is 1 hours 49 mins!!!! And as for the call back service thats a joke , I got a call back 4 hours later !! So much for keeping your place in the que. BT is a good British brand but their Irish version is way behind the UK . But I dont blame them all together , they have a third world infrastructure to deal with here.

• Advertisement

Dellas wrote:
    But I dont blame them all together , they have a third world infrastructure to deal with here.
    The problem is with the people who are managing the support services not the telecoms infrastructure. I have never had a problem with the actual product itself (touch wood) only with the admin side of things.
    How come I can ring o2 and get through to a customer support rep within 5 mins, how many customers would o2 have in Ireland in comparison to BT?
    Sorry for having a bit of a rant but this company is driving me to distraction at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BT answer times have seriously degraded since the late summer. If they are taking that long to answer and callback I recommend you raise the issue thru their complaints escalation seeing as the NORMAL way of contacting them is broken .....which fact should be part of your complaint of course.

This is a pity because they had improved their CS a bit and their Complaints handling hugely in the period before then. The word probably got out that they were sorting out the daft crap they were notorious for and they are now flooded with new business I'd wager....especially with that €45 offer of theirs.

complaints@btireland.ie

tell us how fast that is willya , I believe that a sentient being actually answers within a few hours and deals with it fairly quickly ??

yellow012 wrote:
    The problem is with the people who are managing the support services not the telecoms infrastructure.

Sorry have to disagree with you there, I have a friend who works for BT in London and when he came here to over see some work they were carrying out he thought he was in Eastern Europe!!! I have had 10 years experience with dealing with various Telecoms here and I have to say that BT are the least of the worst. I remember when caller ID first came in here and it was Telecom Eireann , I had problems getting it and the engineer came out and told me that ''technology was far to fast '' !!!! Says it all really.

There is a lack of vision here when it comes to Telecommunications. We are way behind the EU average and our broadband is a laugh . There have been EU surveys backing up the fact !!!

You could have the best Telecom company in the world comming to Ireland but they can only deal with what they have when they get here !!!

There needs to be MASSIVE investment in the cables/lines throughout the Island and especially in the rural areas.

Yes BT should employ at least 100 more call center staff to cut wait times and to get issues resolved quicker but they are not a bad company compared to the shower that we have here competing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

My record time waiting was 1 hour 12 mins and record call back time was 3 days later :mad:

:D:D You have to laugh , 3 days !!!! It must be a record . Anyone beat that ????:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its over 6 months since I last had to contact BT customer service and at the time I was regularly left on hold for over an hour and never got a callback.

I eventually complained in writing and got a call from a manager who assured me they were taking steps to improve things.

Big Chief - if the callback system does work the way you say it does then that suggests the CS agents are deliberately ignoring those calls when they reach the top of the queue because IME you simply do not get called back.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I had to call BT customer service recently and I opted for the callback service. To my amazement I got a call back within 10mins :eek: ! I don't know if this was a one off but I hope it is a sign of things to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

Three times I've been cut-off this morning from the Tech support service, I called the Sales line also and they called me back in ten mins but can't do anything about a lost password, how does a company like BT either not realise how bad it's customer support is or if they do realise then how have they not done anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

I spent about 30mins on hold for CS today when the queuebuster system kicked in, but only after I was on hold for about 30mins. I got a call back within 15mins (which I usually do whenever I use it) but are they now only offering queuebuster to persistent punters willing/able to wait for 30mins? A bit biased to those of us with non-challenging office jobs isn't it?

Maybe some people aren't getting callbacks because they are calling from an office phone and the switchboard number is the one that is reported to the BT system, not their direct line.

Not that I'm a fan of the customer service side of BT or anything - they couldn't do the billing for a pound shop.

Dellas wrote:
    Sorry have to disagree with you there, I have a friend who works for BT in London and when he came here to over see some work they were carrying out he thought he was in Eastern Europe!!! I have had 10 years experience with dealing with various Telecoms here and I have to say that BT are the least of the worst. I remember when caller ID first came in here and it was Telecom Eireann , I had problems getting it and the engineer came out and told me that ''technology was far to fast '' !!!! Says it all really.
    Err what's this to do with there customer support?
    All I want is someone from BT to answer the phone within a reasonable timeframe when I call. I am not saying anything about their product or the technology they are using. Just read the first post on this thread we are talking BT customer service here nothing else.

yellow012 wrote:
    The problem is with the people who are managing the support services not the telecoms infrastructure.

I took that to mean that you thought there was no problem with the infrastructure!!! Which there is .

To be honest it also carries over to customer service depending on what the complaint is. If you have loads of people calling in because they have problems on their lines or broadband problems etc... then it is linked .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

I've been trying to get through since 3 today and i'm still on hold now. Never even got an option for that queue buster thingy :mad: .
    Still on hold now........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dellas wrote:
    I took that to mean that you thought there was no problem with the infrastructure!!! Which there is .

To be honest it also carries over to customer service depending on what the complaint is. If you have loads of people calling in because they have problems on their lines or broadband problems etc... then it is linked .

It is nonsense to suggest that the infrastructure contributes in any significant way to this mess. If the infrastructure was such a contributor then all the isps would be having similar delays. But it is particularly nonsense in BT's case as regular contributors and readers on here will will generally agree that BT's problems rarely come from the actual quality of the bb itself it is other issues such as the farce which has passed for the billing department for so long and poor customer service that generate the complaints.

Advertisement