Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need some help

Options
  • 25-09-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

I'm going to put an advert up in relation to this as well Mods just in case, but here I'm looking for a bit of critique.

I'm running this site and am having a problem creatively with our headers and logos etc.

Our logo was drafted by a designer from some foreign part of the world (denmark) and the basics of it were agreed by committee. Thats what you see up there on the site. The header is a very basic one that was created to get some continuity and branding to the website while a final draft was come up with.

Now here's the sticky bit. We should have had it all sorted weeks ago but some issues got in the way and things haven't worked out as planned.

My question basically is, does anyone think its going to possible (software permitting) that i wold be able to do the basics myself and get a logo made from the basic template on the site, along with some headers myself. I'm generally fairly good at picking things up software wise, wouldn't mind giving this a shot.

ENSA is a totally student organisation and as such we've very little budget but my other thought was that maybe someone out there is studying the subject and would like this a project to add to their portfolio. Hopefully they'll accept payment via beers or somesuch thing, and to get credited on the website. Again do people think this might be a runner?

I'm doing my best not to sound like a skin flint here, but funds are very tight for the organisation right now, I'd be funding this outta my own pocket. In an ideal world (funding is hopefully coming onlin in the new year) we'd love to be able to have this done professionally but that time is maybe 12 months away.

Anyways thanks for reading this and I'll look forward to any idea people have.

Cheers

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

by the way, the template for that site will be changing over the next few days as I feel the one that is there right now is too cluttered looking. The basic colour scheme will remain similar though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This is probably better on the webmaster forum tbh.

That site seems to be a skinned joomla! site. You can download joomla! for free and set up a test server on your PC to test stuff on. You can do it yourself, yes, you just need to become acquainted with the way joomla and PHP work. But sticking a new logo onto it should be as easy as simply going via the admin panel which you should have been given passwords for.

You may be able to get someone to do this for beers but for starters, until that happens, why not get to grips with the admin panel and try to get a good idea of what you need to change. Then see if you can do it yourself, and if not, look for help.

Do you know what I mean by the admin panel by the way? Joomla is a CMS which is a 'content management system' designed to have an easy to use admin area where you alter the view (albeit still firmly locked to the websites visual design style) of various bits and bobs of the site.

cheers for that gordon. although I donlt think I made myself clear.

it is a skinned Joomla site for definite. And its not really the Joomla end of things that I'm having the issues with. Its the actual creation of the logo and headers to match. from a techie point of view I can manage the rest of the stuff, its just I;m not well accquainted with photoshop etc.

I'm actually looking for help with making the logo more presentable and creating page headers etc for that.

cheers for your input though Gordon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

depending on what work needs to be done, we(bytesize creations) might be able to help. getting to grips with photoshop is one thing but being able to create a good design is another. you can drop us a message at info@bytesizecreations.com and let us know exactly whats to be done. as i said, if its simply a logo you want then it shouldnt be a problem. if its an entire site then we'll have to talk more.

tails.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Right, sorry, misunderstood there. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

cheers tails sending ya an email today,

Advertisement