Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will happen in the 7th Harry Potter Book?

Options
  • 25-09-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey, first time Thread, so here we go. Harry Potter. It rox! so what do u all think will happen in the egarly awaited 7th book? including who you think will die.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Harry, Ron and Hermione will all die in the first chapter. Sadly, Harry will never even get to take his apparition test.

Voldemort will be victorious and will take over the world, including the muggle one. House elves will be replaced with muggles.

Dumbledore will turn out to be Voldemort's twin brother, secretly working alongside him the entire time.

No, seriously, who knows? I think Harry will die though. And Ron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Marts' prediction:

through an unholy twist of fate, Neville really IS the one. Voldemort will kill harry and Neville will kill Voldemort

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Harry will be placed in mortal danger and have to face Voldermort. There will be sexual tension between Hermione and Ron who will get it on briefly before some silly misunderstanding causes them to break up.

This break up will cause both Hermione and Ron to miss out on the bleedin' obvious that Harry is in serious trouble and their bickering will occur while Harry and Voldermort are fighting to the death, Harry will be on the verge of being beaten when Dumbledore will mysteriously appear and save him.

Voldermort will be enraged and go after Dumbledore whereupon it will be Harry's turn to save Dumbledore and defeat Voldemort. When Voldermort dies Sirius will be released from the mirror prison he has been kept in since book 4.

Malfoy and his Dad will also be killed, Ron will probably kill Malfoy and this will make Hermione moist for Ron again!

Harry will be officially adopted by the Weasleys and will return to the Dursleys once more to collect his stuff and sh1t on their doorstep before leaving forever.

Or something like that...

Despite me implying that it will be predictable, I really love the Harry Potter books and can't wait for the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Harry and Ron will die for some reason at the start of the book. Voldemort will just stop killing people and stuff for some reason.

Then the rest of the book will just be about Hermione's N.E.W.T adventures. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Voldemort isn't really Voldemort, Snape is Voldemort. He outs himself and decides to live in peace and harmony with everyone, except the Voldemort imposter, who he explodes as part of a huge fireworks display. The book will be a million pages long, and most of it will be filled with Dobby's diary entries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hydomel

I think that Dumbledore lives on, i just can't think of a good enough explanation. I'm sure good old JK will think of it for me though.
    Ron and Hermione will probably get together, which is a sickening prediction seen as JK refers to Ron and Hermione bickering together as being not altogether unlike Arthur and Mollywobbles.
    I also don't believe Sirius is dead, and I like to think that he's coming back (come on JK...DO IT!!!)

i also think that Neville will inadvertedly hear the prophecy and think that he's the Chosen One and also the Boy Who Scored, and he will attempt to do something stupid and incredibly Neville-like in his quest to impress his grandmother.
    that is all.
    want 7th book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tiger Weenie

If Dumbledore doesn't come back to life and Harry doesn't defeat Voldermort and Ron and Hermione don't get together I will go back in time unread all of the other six books(adult version of course) i will take down my Hogwarths poster from over my bed, tear down my Harry wallpaper and change my Harry Potter Duvet, pillowcases and curtains. So there JK if you are reading this you will have one very dissatisified customer on your hands if it doesn't end happily ever after. Seriously though what am i gonna do when there is no more Harry Potter to read? Please help i seem to get dizzy even thinking about my life without Harry Potter books.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

If Dumbledore doesn't come back to life and Harry doesn't defeat Voldermort and Ron and Hermione don't get together I will go back in time unread all of the other six books(adult version of course) i will take down my Hogwarths poster from over my bed, tear down my Harry wallpaper and change my Harry Potter Duvet, pillowcases and curtains. So there JK if you are reading this you will have one very dissatisified customer on your hands if it doesn't end happily ever after. Seriously though what am i gonna do when there is no more Harry Potter to read? Please help i seem to get dizzy even thinking about my life without Harry Potter books.

Dude seriously get a girlfriend! :D

ron is killed and Hermone goes gagga and kills he who cannot be named, harry helps her get through it all and they all live happlly ever after, except for Ron that is who does not get to live happlly ever after due to the fact that he is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

through an unholy twist of fate, Neville really IS the one. Voldemort will kill harry and Neville will kill Voldemort

Now that would be very interesting..

I think poor owl Ron will be killed off..

The main thing I want to see is Harry KILL Malfoy...that little jerk has it coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

I think Dumbledore's murder was some type of smoke screen, and that Snape is good really. Why else would Dumbledore have trusted him? We all know that Dumbledore was a wizard with his finger on the pulse and not much got past him. I certainly wouldn't put it past JK to kill Harry, but I think she will kill Ron or Arthur Weasley. I just hope I can last until July without exploding or driving everyone insane!!

kashi

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Remember how in the Chamber of Secrets Ginny got possessed by Tom Riddle through his diary? I can't remember the phrase exactly but when Tom was explaining it to Harry he said she poured herself into the diary blah blah... Well I'm hoping that Ginny will turn out to be a Horcrux and Harry will be forced to kill her. Then he really WOULD have something to whinge about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Snape will turn out to be good. All that talk in the last few books about why Dumbeldore trusted Snape, we'll find out what that was and probably that at some stage Dumbeldore told him if he has to kill him for the cause to do it.

I used to have a load of other theories, I'm gonna go read 1-6 and get back to speculating then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I think snape will be revealed to have been good - it's me own theory that he was under one of those (forget the name) unbreakable vows with Dumbledore, and did what he did at the end of book six to keep his side of the bargain.

I also - controversy ahoy - think that Draco Malfoy will be redeemed at the end of book 7; I think he'll be the usual priggish, oafish self most the way through the book and then something will happen in terms of family pressure asking him to do something terrible. He'll rebel, and join Harry et al...

the usual misunderstandings will occur, Ron will be suspicious of him, Hermione will see the potential for good in him, Harry will be confused, yeah-di-yeah-di-yeah...

can't wait for the book either way!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Does anyone else reckon Sirius will turn out to be evil? Professor Trelawney's prophecy specifically says that before midnight Voldemort's servant will escape - that's assumed to be Wormtail, but he escaped well before eleven at the end of the Prisoner of Azkaban, whereas Sirius escaped on Buckbeak at five minutes to midnight... I don't think she'd emphasise the time like that unless it has some significance. Also, he tried to kill Snape when they were in school together, he sent him down the passage of the Whomping Willow to be savaged by a werewolf, nice people don't do that! I reckon Snape will turn out to be good and Sirius is evil, and he'll contact Harry somehow.

Also, to state the bleedin obvious, Wormtail will end up saving Harry's life in repayment for Harry saving his...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Dumbledore Is Evil

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

a mirror, eh?...
    maybe it'll be THE mirror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i cant quite remember the halfblood prince, but horcruxes? 7? thats right innit?
    surely harry'll turn out to be the last horcrux, wouldnt that explain everything? and he ends up having to make the ultimate sacrifice to bla bla christ like symbology. my religion teacher predicted this when i was in like, 2nd year. harry will hafta die to save everyone.

and no way is snape eveil, not a chance.

snapes evil.
    the evidence is there, you're in denial.
    he never liked harry, i think he'dve gotten over the james thing somewhat.
    and harry wont die. no way in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Harry will die for sure, Snape will turn out to be good of course,
    sorry if this is a spoiler to anyone but when he Killed Dumbeldore,Albus did say to him "You promised" as if he wanted snape to do it.

Dumbeldore has a master plan all along and it will come to an end in 7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

katarin wrote:
    snapes evil.
    the evidence is there, you're in denial.
    he never liked harry, i think he'dve gotten over the james thing somewhat.
    and harry wont die. no way in hell.
    denial? you'd swear i was some diehard fan who's stayed up nights sweating over this horrible realisation! :p

tenner bets! guaranteed. you'll see...

i was serious about the tenner bets...

Harry, in a way, HAS to be killed off. Not because it would be a good twist but because JK wouldn't want someone finding a loophole in the copyright and make a sequel.

I have been revising books 1 - 6 of late, I am at book 3 now and one hairbrained theory is sticking in my mind which I heard before and laughed, but it could happen: Dumbledore is Harry only much older, which would explain why Dumbledore can see Harry while he's under the invisibility cloak, in that he wouldn't have to, he was standing in such and such a place all those years ago *I realise I am making little sense so I shall stop*

however I could see the time-turner coming into play in book 7 in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

The Bollox wrote:
    however I could see the time-turner coming into play in book 7 in some way

Weren't they all destroyed in OOTP?

I don't think so. I remember them finding a room full of them, but I don't recall them being destroyed, although it's been a while since I read the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Time turner? Those watches Hermione had for going to classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

after reading all the books again (in preparation ;-)) I too can't get rid of the feeling that Harry is the last Horcrux - and "one can't live while the other is alive", so Voldemort will have to kill Harry...Or the other way round...

ANyways...can't wait...roll on July 21 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Harry; Voldemort, you killed my father! :mad:
    Voldemort; No Harry, I AM your father. Join me, and we will rule the Galaxy as father and son!
    Harry; Noooooooo!!!:eek:

...or was this idea used before somewhere....?

I don't think so, but run as fast as you can to the patton office before it's too late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

She said that two people are gonna die in this book......one of the Weaselys is definately gonna die, possibly either Arthur or Ginny, and I don't know who else, maybe Neville/Tonks/Draco? Another thing....Dumbledore is dead but his portrait is in the headmasters office, I know Harry isn't going back to Hogwarts but he could go and talk to Dumbledore if he wanted......oooh where do you think Dumbledore's portrait leads to? Grimmauld Place? maybe to a Horcrux!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think the last horcrux is in Grimmauld Place....

Advertisement