Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will happen in the 7th Harry Potter Book?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont either Harry or Voldemort have to die? So that'd leave one more person. Or is it that thats a given, and at least two others will die? One Weasely has to go, eith Ron or Ginny IMO. Looking forward to it now, hopefully it'll keep me entertained for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the last horcrux is in Godric's Hollow, that's what I have my money on. that Harry will go there at the start of the book and then near the end will slap himself on the forhead and remember a suspicious looking artifact in the gaff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Sorry Mushy, yeh, I'm taking it as a given that either Harry or Voldemort die, leaving two others. But that's just my interpretation, maybe she ment including one of those two.....but I think if she does it that way then the other person will be someone pretty important, like Ron or something.... we'll have to wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Harry has to die. End of. Jk firstly as was said doesn't want some two-bit writer coming along and ruining her work and secondly she can't just finish the book with "....and they all lived happily ever after". To complete the story Harry has to die!

And i'm prepared for it this time! Not like with Dumbledore!:D

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense for Harry to die, but for something that kinda started off as a kids book, it'd seem so odd to kill off the person who all the kids love. Ah well, things change. Although I just cant see Voldemort surviving either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

She said on Jonathan Ross that lots of people die.

If Harry dies doesn't that mean the Voldemort will triumph?

Why are y'all so convinced that some Weasley's will die?

We're not confused that some Weaselys will die, we're just sure that it'll happen. Its kinda predictable that at least one of them will be gone by the end.

Loads of people die eh? This book is just gonna be riddled with Harry searching for Horcruxes, and people dieing. Oh yeah, are they actually going back to Hogwarts, or is that closed now? Forget that bit.

And also, how many horcruxes are left? I know there are 7, one destroyed in Book 6, take it that one in Book 2 was also a Horcrux, were there any more destroyed?

thinking about it Harry may not die, it's possible she'll give a brief story as to what happens after the Voldemort fiasco and carry him up to his eventual death. but personally I don't want to see that happen and would much prefer it happen that Harry and Voldemort are fighting, when it finally dawns on Harry why he is the last horcrux (the reason why will be said in the book earlier on) and will sacrafice himself and get Ron / Hermionie / Snape / other character to deliver the final blow to Voldemort now that the last piece of his soul is him. my money's on Snape for finishing Voldemort off.

off topic: is the 't' in Voldemort silent? I heard that somewhere. it makes his name seem a lot less fearful though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Secretpint

I think at the end of the book it will be revealed that Harry dies of TB.

but no one can really saw I think JK has written something thast no one can predict, I really cant wait to read it, what does every think the Deathly Hallows are?

Godric's Hollow probably, Harry's parents house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I heard somewhere that Lupin dies.
    And yeah, this could be a "journey" book, cos they said they weren't going back to Hogwarts if it reopened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Some thoughts on Dealthy Hallows' final plots:

As for Book 7, although some of these have been discussed throughout the forums already, my predictions for the final Potter book are:

Harry will go off looking for the other Horcruxes, likely find and destroy the cup and/or locket on the way. The locket, Regulus Black's, will turn out to be the one mentioned in the 12 Grimmauld Place clean-up in OOtP - question is who has it? Kreacher (very likely - we know he will play a significant role), Mundungus Fletcher was selling items from it - even Aberforth Dumbledore could have gotten hold of it. But I do believe it will still have the Horcrux. Regulus managed to get it, but died before he could remove the Horcrux. He may also have died honorably by making this attempt to stop Voldemort.

Harry's scar *is* the final Horcrux (don't think Nagini will turn out to be one at all - that is a red herring). The reason I say scar over Harry himself is because I think Voldemort planned to make the death of Harry his final Horcrux all along. Here was the boy who was the subject of a prophecy against him - and the son of parents from Griffindor house *and* living in Godric's Hollow. Quite strong Griffindor connections there. Also, when Volemort is near, it's the scar the hurts, not Harry's whole body. (JKR said the final word in the books was at one stage, "scar" - could it be that for the first time in his life, at the end of the books, Harry no longer feels special or marked - for the first time, he is a normal wizard - with NO scar to make him stand out or in any way special.)

Related to that, is it possible that Harry *isn't* special at all -that it is Neville who will eventually eliminate Voldemort. Remember, his magical skills have dramatically improved via the DA. Technically, he was *marked* by the life he grew up with - and what happened to his parents. I know JKR said the prophecy was definitely about Harry (proven by his ability to lift the prophecy in the Ministry - if it wasn't about him, he would have gone mad.) Still, being "special" all his life has made Harry feel isolated and an outcast; the Neville connection may return in Book 7 and JKR's assurances the prophecy is not about him may be designed to throw us off. (I'm aware there are many fans who believe the prophecy is about both of them.)

Harry's mother's blood flows through him. There's a line in OOtP (I think) about Harry being safe at the Dursleys because his mother's blood flows through him and her sister. I think this is important because of the "gleam of triumph" Dumbledore had in relation to how Voldemort returned (using "blood, forcibly taken") - it may well be Harry's MOTHER's blood (though him, and which is now inside Voldemort) that will prove his undoing. (There's also the many, many mentions of Harry's mother's eyes...) Voldemort also cannot abide love, yet this now flows through him too, albeit without his knowledge.

The two-way mirror Sirius gave to Harry is too vital (and introduced with such emphasis) that there must be more to it. I don't think Sirius is alive to talk to via it, but like the Vanishing Cabinet (references scatted throughout the books up until its vital use in HBP), it will prove vital in the fight against Voldemort.

It would be aptly poetic to have the final confrontation at Godric's Hollow, but I do believe the final scenes will be at Hogwarts itself.

Snape definitely working for the Order still, and will prove to be honourable all along (may end up sacrificing himself.) I'd like to see a scene with Snape and Harry, working together, agreeing to put their differences aside. I reckon Dumbledore and Snape had previously agreed between themselves that if it became necessary, Snape was to kill him (Dumbledore) to deflect attention from his undercover missing. Likewise, I don't think Malfoy will prove to be wholly evil - his reticence to kill Dumbledore showed that. He may also fight against Voldemort in the end, a fitting lesson the book's young readers.

I'd like to see more of the Pensieve-style Riddle flashbacks in Book 7 - they were by far the most entertaining thing about HBP, and in my opinion, the entire series so far.

I can't wait to find out why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much. I'm sure there will be a pensive moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

doh.ie wrote:
    I'd like to see more of the Pensieve-style Riddle flashbacks in Book 7 - they were by far the most entertaining thing about HBP, and in my opinion, the entire series so far.

so true. i was just commenting to a friend that i couldn't remember, for the life of me, bog all about what happened in book 6, but that I remembered the 'back story' being absolutely out of the top drawer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Malfoy to kill Snape? I've heard the rumour going around...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hagrid will die saving Harry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Hagrid as a character has always been on a tangent to the main plot imo, kind of there to lighten things up or something, except for the few notable exceptions (buckbeak in the third book and hagrid delivering harry to the dursleys) but I find he was mainly there to fill the gaps in the plot in those situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

not having a pop at you, now, or anything, but just as a matter of interest, considering we're talking about a book of which less is known than the dead sea scrolls, a book, indeed, that has been read by, at a guess, tops ten people on the planet, what makes you think that the half baked rumour you heard might hold any water whatsoever?

I'm not saying your source isn't good; its quite possible that you personally know a crooked lorry driver who's borrowed a consignment of them and has personally read it, but otherwise, admit it, you're just repeating a load of hoary old b*llocks.

There's nothing wrong with you stating in this thread, or any other, as far as i'd see "I think x y and z will happen", but to try and tart it up with "i've heard that x y and z will happen" is just irritating in the extreme, because whilst you *may* well have heard it, your source probably isn't reliable, and thus the words 'i've heard' become redundant...

</end rant> :D enjoy the book!

ps don't think snape'll be killed. I think the explanation for his actions at the end of book six will come early in book seven and he'll be more than ever working to take down Malfoy Sr et al, and perhaps getting even young Draco in on the act. I *really* do think that Draco will have his, um, shot at redemption in this book...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Harry to survive, I don't think Rowling who thought of the story on a train would have killed of the main character for a childrens book. Also looking at the way the books are written she would have to write an epilogue to finish the books definatively away from the style shes written the books.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Draco or Lucius?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

doh.ie wrote:
    Some thoughts on Dealthy Hallows' final plots:
    Harry will go off looking for the other Horcruxes, likely find and destroy the cup and/or locket on the way. The locket, Regulus Black's, will turn out to be the one mentioned in the 12 Grimmauld Place clean-up in OOtP - question is who has it? Kreacher (very likely - we know he will play a significant role), Mundungus Fletcher was selling items from it - even Aberforth Dumbledore could have gotten hold of it. But I do believe it will still have the Horcrux. Regulus managed to get it, but died before he could remove the Horcrux. He may also have died honorably by making this attempt to stop Voldemort.

Harry's scar *is* the final Horcrux (don't think Nagini will turn out to be one at all - that is a red herring).

I think that one of the horcruxs is Wormtail's new hand. Bearing in mind that Harry could have killed him in TPoA but spared his life, it's highly unlikely he'd go after him now. And Slughorn told the young Riddle in THBP that in order to create a horcrux you had to commit the ultimate evil to split the soul, kill someone. Just a page or two before Wormtail gets his new hand, poor Cedric Diggory is blasted into oblivion. Also in Book 6 Wormtail is living with Snape, what better way to protect a horcrux while keeping an eye on his double agent? Look at how Snape looked out for both Harry and Malfoy.

And what about Quirrel and the double head? Is it possible that he might be a horcrux or at least the back of his head?
    If not, how did Voldemort get there? *Haven't time to read over the 1st or 2nd book.*
    I do believe though that there is a horcrux alluded to in every book, the ring in the 6th, the locket in the 5th and the diary in the 2nd book. Possibly Quirrell's head in the 1st, Wormtail's hand created as the very last in the 4th and haven't decided about book 3 yet.

Can't wait to read the last book. Will it be as big a volume as the last three though?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

quickbeam wrote:
    Draco or Lucius?

Narcissa, because Snape showed Malfoy up for the coward he was when he had to kill Dumbledore for him. Voldemort kills Draco and incensed, Narcissa, who wouldn't dare attack the Dark Lord, turns her wand on Snape taking her frustration out on him. Bye bye, my half blood prince. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Eyespy wrote:
    And what about Quirrel and the double head? Is it possible that he might be a horcrux or at least the back of his head?
    If not, how did Voldemort get there? *Haven't time to read over the 1st or 2nd book.*
    I do believe though that there is a horcrux alluded to in every book, the ring in the 6th, the locket in the 5th and the diary in the 2nd book. Possibly Quirrell's head in the 1st, Wormtail's hand created as the very last in the 4th and haven't decided about book 3 yet.

Can't wait to read the last book. Will it be as big a volume as the last three though?

nah, in his ghostly/spiritly/really weak form, voldemort had the power to possess creatures, though his presence always weakened and eventually killed them... duno if that's exactly what it was with quirrel, but voldemort seemed too weak back then to do anything as huge as create a horcrux.

the idea of a horcrux from each book though, is quite plausible. interesting...

id love for sirius to come back in some form, i think i'd be more excited about that than dumbledore coming back. im in the process of re-reading all the books and nerding up properly, but i can kinda picture malfoy turning onto the good side.

by not killing dumblydore, he showed a good side to him, all that talk is suddenly rendered worthless, given his inability to act. it could be a slow thing of him coming round to the good side.

someone mentioned RAB as regulus black.... i dont know if i can buy that one...particularly in regards as him as a horcrux... he's always been referred to as foolish and weak and the likes... not that we have a very good character view of him from that, but it does seem out of character for him to take on the dark lord like that.

will he meet up with harry eventually? i can't picture harry destroying all the horcruxes by himself (ron and hermione dont count, he needed guidance from dumbledore), he needs that adult figure, that someone who knows stuff he doesnt. with hunches and memories and more time/research on the subject.

snape as a good guy/member of the order still? i duno.. i know that it's always been a mixed thing up till the last book as to whether he was good/bad... but it really was made into a very very definitive thing in the last book that he is not a good guy. his reasons for everything good he did make complete and pefect sense. i cant picture him going good. may he die screaming for a priest.

harry as a horcrux? nah, voldemort would have had to kill him first, right? yeah, he killed his parents, but that was just moments before killing harry, so doesnt count, id've said. the scar hurting instead of the whole body is because the scar is where the curse hit, and *that* is where the link between harry and voldemort is. it's a magical scar, caused by a magical spell. dumbledore said in the first book it may well come in useful... maybe twill surprise us later with a new use, but id've said that the extent of that was tuning into voldemort's feelings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

My theory on Snape (I could easily be wrong but)...I reckon he's evil but he's in it for himself. We know that Snape is a highly intelligent and powerful wizard. Whether in the real world or in fiction, just about every "evil gang" out there has an up and coming member who is looking to rise up the ranks and take over as leader. I believe Snape is this person. He would be fiercely proud of his abilities but he hates arrogance. He mainly resents Harry and his father's (supposed) arrogance and I reckon he looks at Voldemort and thinks that he's going to far with his Horcruxes. Snape probably thinks that he should be leading the Death Eaters and not Voldemort. It's possible Snape's plan is to have Harry face (and possibly) defeat Voldemort then defeat Harry himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

So it seems some of the leaks are more reliable.I keep quickly openeing them and closing them but I saw something bad on one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

JJ wrote:
    My theory on Snape (I could easily be wrong but)...I reckon he's evil but he's in it for himself. We know that Snape is a highly intelligent and powerful wizard. Whether in the real world or in fiction, just about every "evil gang" out there has an up and coming member who is looking to rise up the ranks and take over as leader. I believe Snape is this person. He would be fiercely proud of his abilities but he hates arrogance. He mainly resents Harry and his father's (supposed) arrogance and I reckon he looks at Voldemort and thinks that he's going to far with his Horcruxes. Snape probably thinks that he should be leading the Death Eaters and not Voldemort. It's possible Snape's plan is to have Harry face (and possibly) defeat Voldemort then defeat Harry himself.

nah... if twas pirates of the caribbean, maybe, but the books are too centred on the larger pic of evil vs good (vs the ministry :P ) ... cant picture that happening tbh...

if lupin dies, ill cry. im in the process of readin the third one again,and im fallign in love with him all over... i wonder will harry AND voldemort* die?

harry kills voldemort, but is left with a serious wound and dies a peaceful death... maybe after ginny dies (lets face it, whoever is closest to him = most likely to die)...

id like to see malfoy live, but to turn over a new leaf, to stand up against the dark magicians, but i cant quite see it happening. neville *has* to have some part to play, something important... he has to really really prove himself... there has to be a really really good reason rowling picked him of all people to be the other potential person in the prophecy. indeed, there has to be a very very good reason why she decided there should be a second person to the prophecy (unless ive forgotten something vital from the last book there...)...

I could see Voldy posessing Neville and having Harry to kill them both or the other way around ("neither can live while the other survives")

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Harry will die to kill voldemort [ironic much?]

or Hermione will die saving harry/ron

or else everyone dies of AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs AIDs , AIDs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

my theory is that Dumbledore was dying already from his contact with the Horcrux (blackened hand) and I think he asked Snape to kill him to keep the illusion of being a bad guy.

Snape is fundamentally good and will help Harry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

SNAPE DIES on pg. 658
    Burbage dies on pg. 12
    Hedwig dies on pg. 56
    Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
    Scrimgeour dies on pg. 159
    Wormtail dies on pg. 471
    Dobby dies on pg. 476
    Fred Weasley dies on pg. 637
    Harry gets hurt by Voldemort on pg. 704 but comes back to life on pg. 724
    Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their deaths confirmed on pg. 743

19 years after the events in the book:

Ron has married Hermione, their two children are named Rose and Hugo
    Harry has married Ginny, their three children are named Lily, James, and Albus Severus.
    Draco Malfoy has a son named Scorpius

The epilogue shows all of the children boarding the train for Hogwarts together.

The final lines of the book are: "The scar had not pained Harry for 18 years. All was well."

Advertisement