Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Advice on getting media jobs in London

• 25-09-2006 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Im off to london to look for a job in the tv/film sector ideally as an editor, or camera man.

I will really take anything but Im just woundering if anyone has any advice.

I have two years of college in video and sound and my results are pretty good. I also made a 15 min short which is pretty decent for a first time film.

Can anyone gove me info on how to get a job. Recruitment agencies? etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I can't really give much advice as I got the first job I applied for, however, I'd suggest just looking around, and applying for as much as you can. However if you apply for loads, make sure to put effort into each application, don't just blanket e-mail people, or apply for non existant jobs! It'll get on employers nerves. You'll probably have to start out as a runner, earning about £10,000 in london. Which isn't much considering cheap rent is about £5000 a year including bills and you'll be in a dump.

Working in a soho house will get you ahead further, however it's rubbish pay and crappy work as a runner. You could work for a decent company as a runner, like the BBC pays £16,000 for a runner, but it's only a 12 month contract and unless you get on well with people there won't be much opportunity for getting ahead.

John

Advertisement