Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed: Gel burners

• 25-09-2006 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone has seen them before but they're like a small paintpot, they hold about 3/4 pint of incendiary gel, basically we used use them in Germany to keep the re-chauds warm. Has anyone seen anything similar in Ireland, I want it to sort out my aldi smoker, the burners that came with it aren't great and this stuff was very controllable.

Any help would be appreciated.

An online search was not very fruitful, I was hoping someone in the catering industry has seen them or something similar.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Never seen anything as big as that before. Would the gel burners for use under fondue pots be any good? They're in little foil pots a bit like what you get that 'posh' cat food in, about 80g in total according to the packet (make Firestar). I'm sure you could get those easy enough here, not that I've actually tried, as I brought a stock of with us when we moved here from Holland, 'just in case'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Yeah Alun, they sound like the job alright. Firestar is the make, any chance you could give me some more details? I can get an order possibly online once I know what I'm looking for.

I may try Sweeney O'rourkes on Friday, I have a day off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Firestar is a Swiss firm (no real surprise there!) ... no address on the box apart from a city and postcode 'CH-8360 Eschlikon' and a phone number ++41-71-973 75 80. Anyway, I just did a quick Google on "Firestar AG" and found their website easy enough ... http://www.firestarag.ch. They seem to sell the stuff in all kinds of sizes and quantities, even by the bucketfull!

Alun wrote:
    Firestar is a Swiss firm (no real surprise there!) ... no address on the box apart from a city and postcode 'CH-8360 Eschlikon' and a phone number ++41-71-973 75 80. Anyway, I just did a quick Google on "Firestar AG" and found their website easy enough ... http://www.firestarag.ch. They seem to sell the stuff in all kinds of sizes and quantities, even by the bucketfull!

Cheers, I was hoping that my post was sufficiently obscure that it would only get a direct reply and it worked.

Cheers for that.

http://www.firestarag.ch/de/3_products/produkt.php?produktID=200

This is the size of one I was thinking of, Wuenderbar.

Ich bestelle dort dann ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement