Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly if we can?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sure why don't we just whip on some short shorts and enter the ladies league, they'd never know for sure :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Savman wrote:
    Sure why don't we just whip on some short shorts and enter the ladies league, they'd never know for sure :D:D

Showers would be fun.

:D

kdjac

Sorry this sunday out for me I'm afraid :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I'm hopeful of making it myself on Sunday. Will be down in the backarse of Mayo Saturday night, so It'll be straight into the jammer Sunday morning. If I'm not gonna make it, I'll sort Mark or Neill out with the spons if its needed. Fairplay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

here lads, its a friendly against another team we're playing on sunday yeh? whats the story with our jerseys - they must be ready by now?

If I need to, I can bring my red Accenture jerseys but would prefer not to cos washing them after you smelly bast*rds isnt my favourite pastime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any idea what colour the other team wears?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I don't know.

I'm ringing their manager later, and I'll ask him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

ill be there on sunday, maybe hanging together...maybe not, time will tell

Lads mates team cant make it this weekend, they won't have the players. Theyve said they will defo be around Sunday week, so if we can just postpone it till then.

Whats the story with 3rock, are we up there this Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

For me there's no point in getting a full 11 a side pitch unless we are guaranteed to have 22 players down, either amongst ourselves or with another team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I think we should just book coolmine again for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think booking Coolmine every week is madness to be honest. 4 weeks and we've spent 1K between us. It's not the right size pitch and the goals are tiny too. The thing is, we're booking it for daylight times when there's places like the Phoenix park available for free. Even if we needed to have a place for when it's dark, I still think there are much better options than Coolmine.

I don't think there's any point in us playing on grass anymore. We're playing in an astro league, we need to get used to it. It plays totally different to grass,much faster game. A bigger pitch with fullsize goals would be great,but we really need to stick to astro I think.

L5 wrote:
    I don't think there's any point in us playing on grass anymore. We're playing in an astro league, we need to get used to it. It plays totally different to grass,much faster game. A bigger pitch with fullsize goals would be great,but we really need to stick to astro I think.

Have t'agree...

I play 11-a-side on grass on Saturdays, it's like its a completely different sport to astro soccer. I see some really iffy players look "good" on grass simply cos its mostly a physical game, jumping for headers and what not. The astro is much more skill based and suits attackers more me thinks.

I'd say all footie would end up like astro footie if FIFA ever did away with the slide tackle rule (which they threatened at one stage iirc...)

Yeah, astro would be better to play on if that's the type of league we're going for, but there must be a full size pitch (the type that will be played on in the league) available and hopefully nowhere near the madness of €240:eek: :o

I thought KDJACL was looking into getting a game or two up on the pitches up in 3Rock. Think they're full size astro 11 a side pitches.

cormie wrote:
    Yeah, astro would be better to play on if that's the type of league we're going for, but there must be a full size pitch (the type that will be played on in the league) available and hopefully nowhere near the madness of €240:eek: :o

€240 is a bit much alright, the astro in coolock is €65p/hr but no use for anything above 5 or 6-a-side. Maybe taking it for 1hr instead of 2 might be an option but that needs better punctuality folks! :)

The 7 a side in Louglinstown, same surface as Coolmine, but no sideline, just walls (it's outdoor though), with proper sized nets, is €25 per hour!! and if nobody is waiting on it, you can stay for as long as you want. €240 is crazy in comparrison for a pitch that's not even the same that we'll be playing the league on.

Lads i gave DCU a quick ring there about the possibility of getting the full size astro pitch for an hour. Said she'd get back to me. I asked how much it would cost for the hour - said something in the region of 140e. So she's to get back to me.

Are you a student there? Might be cheaper if someone is a student.

• Advertisement

Roddy23 wrote:
    Lads i gave DCU a quick ring there about the possibility of getting the full size astro pitch for an hour. Said she'd get back to me. I asked how much it would cost for the hour - said something in the region of 140e. So she's to get back to me.

theres a couple of dcu students on the team i think. That pitch would be perfect, i played a league on it when i was in DCU, its exactly the sort of pitches we'd be playing on...

Are you a student there? Might be cheaper if someone is a student.

I'm not no. Think there is a few on the team from DCU, remember someone saying it before. She's going to ring back, as she wasn't sure if the Sports area is open on Sundays.

If she asks then tell her we're mostly dcu students. they have a thing about that i think.

Just off the phone from UCD, there 11 a side astro pitch is fully booked up. Its going to be like this for the rest of term- as their Superleague has just kicked off.

how much was it anyway Shane do you know? What about threerock?

Anyone played in Three Rock before? Looks very nice.

http://www.threerockhc.com/WebSite/Templates/Image_Display_Image.asp?imageid=52
    http://www.threerockhc.com/WebSite/Templates/Image_Display_Image.asp?imageid=54

Anyone have an account or contact there? Would be worth looking into. Doubt its cheap though (just for Cormie! :D).

Played a few astro league matches up there before. Lovely pitch, and class facilities - no more changing on the pitch. Played about 2/3 years ago, its a bloody big pitch.

If we're actually going to be playing on a full sized "hockey" pitch then there's one in a school in Bray that's only €60 per hour for the full pitch. The surface looks the same, although I prefer the kind of surface in coolmine/loughlinstown (and the phoenix park:D). It's fully lit by floodlights too.

Searched google and found this thread. Seems to have a good list of what we're after:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

yeh I tried UCD aswell yesterday but no joy.

For me the main priority is that we play on a full size pitch with full size goals. Them goals in coolmine just encourage you to aim at the center of the goal as its too small to pick a spot and that gets attackers into bad habits. In all the training sessions and games we've played I still haven't had a chance to shoot into a full size goal and it does make a difference cos the more practice you get on it the more you can shoot on instinct without having to stop and lookup.

There was lads shooting from 30 yards there the other day which is no use on them goals. Give us full size goals and I'd say shoot on sight.

Yeh astro and grass are different but I'd go full size grass over coolmine. Playing on full size grass will help everyones' fitness and give us proper shooting practice, corners practice, long throws etc.

Obviously full size astro is top choice, and here's a list of pitches I used call for work, pity I don't have numbers, but maybe a few here can lookup a couple of places and call them and post updates, we might get one out of this list or other places people know of. If we get one I'd say we should book it right up to the start of the league, but that's just my twenty cents.

Leicester Celtic
    St Judes GAA, Templeogue
    Dublin Bus, Liffey Valley (too far away though)
    Gym in Loughlinstown?
    Iveagh Grounds, Crumlin
    Crumlin United, Pearse Park Crumlin
    Muckross School, Donnybrook
    Newpark Blackrock
    Rathdown Glenageary
    Loreto Bray
    Railway Union, Sandymount
    St. Benildas Stillorgan
    St. Colmcilles Knocklyon
    Wesley College
    St. Columbas College, Whitechurch
    YMCA – Sandymount?

• Advertisement

Loreto Bray

Rang these....its booked all day every sunday, only hours are 8-9pm, or 9-10pm

Advertisement