Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3g settings for V1605 (Tytn)

• 25-09-2006 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I just bought a Vodafone 1605 (HTC Tytn)
    Settings given are similer to the settings on my Qtek 6100:
    APN: isp.vadafone.ie
    Username vodafone
    Password vodafone
    Domain Blank

Anyway they dont work
    i get the cannot connect for an unknown reason.

Anybody got the correct settings. Im stumped & i will use vodafone tech assistance as a last resort. (Very little help)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I have the same device running fine on those settings, although I assume you made a typo on the APN name?

Cheerio
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭flinx11

You would be correct in that assumption.

How is the speed comparison with GPRS?

I've not run any tests, and being honest I don't see a big difference. There is a utility called fit4cat tweaker that enables HSPDA over 3G but again I can't honestly say I notice any changes.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

How can I measure the speed over gprs or edge on a smartphone like tytn? I have tried the spb gprs monitor but doesnt work with the bandwidth test. Are there any speedtest websites working on opera mini etc? Most of them use scripts that arent supported on the smartphone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement