Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badgers

• 25-09-2006 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭

What is the best time to catch a glimpse of them coming out of their set?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Around dusk/twilight. Stay downwind and keep as quiet as possible... their eyesight is not great but their hearing and sense of smell are! I found that if I 'seeded' the area outside a set entrance with peanuts (not roasted salted ones!!) they stayed put for a while so I could get the scope on them.

Good Watching!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Thank you for your advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

boneless wrote:
    Around dusk/twilight. Stay downwind and keep as quiet as possible... their eyesight is not great but their hearing and sense of smell are! I found that if I 'seeded' the area outside a set entrance with peanuts (not roasted salted ones!!) they stayed put for a while so I could get the scope on them.

Good Watching!! :)

It worked! Thanks again for your advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Nice one friend! They are lovely creatures.

By the way, South Dublin County Council are conducting a badger census soon. If anyone here in that area has any sightings they can PM me with details or contact the Council themselves.

Advertisement