Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bischoff at RAW!!!

• 25-09-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Uh oh......I wonder if this is what I think this is about? WWE.Com has a picture off Bischoff on their main page. Could Eric Bischoff be coming back as GM of RAW? I hope to God that he doesn't!

Also, I heard (on www.wrestlezone.com) that Linda or Steph could be on RAW tonight!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

actually i enjoyed it when Bischoff was on RAW. the McMahons get boring very easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Ah yea, he was good, but he was GM for nearly 4 years when he got "sacked"! It's time for a new GM in my opinion. I have no problem with him coming back in another role btw (sorry if it sounded that way in my OP).

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I liked Eazy E,even during his mini face turn. The Trial of Eric Bischoff was gold :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd welcome Bischoff back as GM on RAW.

He is very good in front of the camera and is pretty much despised by all the talent so it comes across easily for them.

I'd prefer to have Steph back, but I doubt she'd be doing too much travelling with a very young child.

Vince is good in small bursts but he's been on RAW too long now.

Now Bret Hart as GM feuding with DX again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked Bischoff too but apparently he's only there to promote his book.

Wouldn't be surprised to see D-X or Cena interrupt him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I'd prefer to have Steph back, but I doubt she'd be doing too much travelling with a very young child.
    /QUOTE]

Couldn't stand her myself in the gm role, that voice http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif
    :confused:

I read these days Bisch is running a production comapany with the older brother from the wonder years. I think they were involevd in Girls Gone Wild PPV a while back. I'd say his book will be a good read just hope it isnt kinda edited cause of WWE's involvement.

Wouldn't mind seeing JBL as GM in a semi heel role, but not really involved in a storyline where he would feu with a top star. I dont really like when the GM's are heavily involved in feuds with the main eventers, its just a rehash of McMahon V. Austin. Also Co GM's of JBL and Austin would be cool, they could work off the slant that one is a texas redneck whilst the other is a texas money man. In respective face/heel roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

if they bring him back they need to loosen the reins though. He has a much better idea of what the fans want & if the mcmahons give him freedom to book the matches he wants it can only be an improvement imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

it might be just me, but I'm getting a bit tired of the whole GM thing, I wouldn't mind to see them go back to the days of just having wrestlers out there and having Jack Tunney come out for important decisions.

If they are going to have a GM I think they should have some other managers, what's the point in having a General Manager if there isn't any other managers out there. I hate the whole "main event interview" thing, but could you imagine a Managers meeting with heel and face managers talking, I'm just imagining the Brain in there, would be gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

if they bring him back they need to loosen the reins though. He has a much better idea of what the fans want & if the mcmahons give him freedom to book the matches he wants it can only be an improvement imo
    yeah but no GM books any matches, he'd want to be back room staff for that, the GM position is a character role for tv, has no bearing on what goes on in the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i have said it a million times in here and i will say it again
    BRING BACK BISCHOFF.
    it looks like he just came back last night to promote his book.
    i am tired of vince as GM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

triple h wrote:
    i have said it a million times in here and i will say it again
    BRING BACK BISCHOFF.
    it looks like he just came back last night to promote his book.
    i am tired of vince as GM.

I wouldnt be so sure,judging by some of Eazy E's promo the seeds might be sewn for the much rumoured DX vs nWo at Survivor Series :D

yeah but no GM books any matches, he'd want to be back room staff for that, the GM position is a character role for tv, has no bearing on what goes on in the back

I thought it was common enough knowledge that Bischoff had more than just a charater role & that even when he'd been given the boot as GM, storyline wise, that he was still pulling the strings & booking matches for a while back in the day. Maybe i'm wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I thought it was common enough knowledge that Bischoff had more than just a charater role & that even when he'd been given the boot as GM, storyline wise, that he was still pulling the strings & booking matches for a while back in the day. Maybe i'm wrong?

Your wrong. He was a big, big part of creative in WCW so maybe thats where your coming from.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was under the impression that Bishoff was on-air talent only and had no stroke back stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

very very wrong, as pointed out already he pulled the strings in WCW but in WWE he was simply tv talent with no actual responsibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Forgive me if im wrong but wasnt Bischoff originally (before he got into wrestling) a TV production guy. He worked on game shows etc. Ted Turner brought him into WCW to make the product a bit slicker and more proffesional for a mainstream TV audience. But I think his role in WWE has always just been as an on air guy and he had no real say backstage.

Maybe with the current slump that WWE are in they could listen to some ideas Bischoff might have. He turned WCW from a not very close number 2 into the number 1 wrestling company in America. Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I wouldnt be so sure,judging by some of Eazy E's promo the seeds might be sewn for the much rumoured DX vs nWo at Survivor Series :D

That would be really cool, hopefully DX vs. nWo will happen! Imagine a 10-man elimination tag match...............**drools**

The only problem would be the 10 men for the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well I for one really hope tht Bishoff does come back in some way or form. To have him as the manager of the returning NWO would be great.

Its definitly true that the McMahons get old after a while alright but the same thing always happen. They come in, over-expose themselves and then dissapear for a couple of months only for the cycle to start again.

very very wrong, as pointed out already he pulled the strings in WCW but in WWE he was simply tv talent with no actual responsibility

i stand corrected! :)

Advertisement