Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP mouth guard!!

• 25-09-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭

It's funny now but this morning was a tragic one for me because my mouth guard of 5 yrs got flushed down the toilet. I tried to save it but wasn't fast enough - I literally flushed €300 down the toilet!! The funny bit was that my dad told me he probably could have retrieved it from the shore eek: :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

As in Gum Shield? I recently got a custom one made as I play sports. It was €75.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Nah I wear a resin one at night so I don't grind my teeth..

EDIT - the damage is €220 which is less than I expected to pay and better still I have no cavities(i'd been put off going before the guard was MIA)!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well done on making it 5 years - I got one made for me and it lasted 2 months before it was ground away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Some mouth guards are soft and flexable like a boxers gumshiled some a hard like stone made of acryic and have a custom made bite on the underside to help with grinding and joint problems. 220 euro for a hard one is a bargain considering the ammount of time taken to get one correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Silverfish wrote:
    Well done on making it 5 years - I got one made for me and it lasted 2 months before it was ground away :(
    That one was the best I've had so far because it was fitted properly and trimmed etc. I'll be getting my new one next week and I'll be keeping it away from the loo :D ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

tk123 wrote:
    That one was the best I've had so far because it was fitted properly and trimmed etc. I'll be getting my new one next week and I'll be keeping it away from the loo :D ..

Just out of curiousity.....was it a floater that made you open your mouth while looking into the toilet? :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

tk123 wrote:

Yeah, mine was fitted, trimmed, hard plastic outer and softer plastic inner part, still wore it away - cost me 220 wing wangs too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

Where did ye pick up these gumshields for €220 lads?

Advertisement