Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling eircom bb, do i need to return the router?

Options
  • 25-09-2006 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Will be cancelling Eircom Broadband next week, I have it for around a year and a half and when I got it they sent me a Netopia wireless router. Will I need to return this to them when I cancel it? Can't find anything on their 'user friendly' website about it.

Not that it's worth anything, heap of shyte, just don't want them adding any more costs to my bill for non return

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

email them and ask for detailed instructions on returning it ...but it may be yours to keep all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Canceled recently but as I had BB with them for over a year they did not want it returned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I called eircom to make that enquiry OP and they hung up on me twice. I'm still none the wiser so if you find out, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

My reading of the situation is that you only need to return the modem if you cancel the service within the contract period otherwise its yours. After all their contract(for 6 mths) states "Free Wireless Modem". Your contract may be different but if they keep hanging up on you e-mail customer support or put the question in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

They don't want them back. I still have mine. In fact I have 2! :eek:

When I changed from the 20 hours a week package to the "on all the time" one they sent me out a second lot of all the stuff I already had! :rolleyes:

I rang them to say "..don't need it, already have it, what a waste.. I'll send it back to you will I?"
    Reply "Ah sure don't bother, keep it"

Anyone know any shareholders???? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

sudzs wrote:

I rang them to say "..don't need it, already have it, what a waste.. I'll send it back to you will I?"
    Reply "Ah sure don't bother, keep it"

Anyone know any shareholders???? ;)

It would cost them more to restock it than it is worth, so it was a good call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

cheers. no response to customer support email so I'll be holding on to it then

make sure you hold onto that email as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭trent

Can you post that eircom customer service email address please.
    Can't find it on their website.

check eircom.net rather than the useless eircom.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement