Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Soc??

Options
  • 25-09-2006 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, does anyone know anything about the Film Society? I guess I missed them at Freshers week... the link on ucd.ie takes you to the School of Film, and the 'featured society' thingy on the spangly new SU site is about fifty million years out of date...

Just really wanna know if I can still join up and if there's any free booze, er, official welcome meetings, this week.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I joined last year and it wasn't great. Their postering wasn't good so you often didn't know that something was on, and often they made you feel unwelcome when you went. I rejoinedthis year out of honour, as I know that I will probably still go to at least one of their films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

theres a sceening on next tuesday 630 th P and a film workshop next wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Just pop into their office and ask yourself. Go into the basement of the Newman building (down where the lockers and the Traps are) and it's the first door on your right as you walk straight down, next to the College Tribune office.

The film on tues is Sideways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I met a girl last week who is involved with FilmSoc, and she said people (especially me:)) are welcome down to their office anytime to make suggestions and find out what they've got planned.

• Advertisement

I should revise my opinion as not only have I recieved 2 e-mails from them, but they have apologised for being such a bucket of ****e last year.
    http://www.ucdsu.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1143
    So I forgive them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Plus oldboy, last weeks film was one of the best films Ive ever seen in my life!

Advertisement