Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fined! But I have the last laugh

Options
  • 25-09-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

This afternoon going to a friends house I park on his road and hop out of the car completely forgetting about the whole having to pay thingy. Giving one of the girls a lift home I find the parking fine docket under my wiper. I drop her off at her house, and make my way back to my friends. I park in the exact same place and put the docket back under the wiper :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Cianos wrote:
    This afternoon going to a friends house I park on his road and hop out of the car completely forgetting about the whole having to pay thingy. Giving one of the girls a lift home I find the parking fine docket under my wiper. I drop her off at her house, and make my way back to my friends. I park in the exact same place and put the docket back under the wiper :D

So your Parking fine saves you having to pay the Parking fee. I would not say you're having the last laugh, but I'm happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't get it? Do you think that, having ticketed you once, they won't ticket the same car in the same place again? Not true, I'm afraid. I've seen cars with up to four tickets on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sillyaspie

It is a rare occasion for the ticketee to laugh last at the ticketer, but you my friend have done it,

I tip my mid-drift to ya.

Sillyaspie wrote:
    It is a rare occasion for the ticketee to laugh last at the ticketer, but you my friend have done it,

I tip my mid-drift to ya.

I'm afraid he hasn't, read my last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I got a ticket today, parked outside my own house.

It's being scrapped, though.

• Advertisement

Nice story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Anan1 wrote:
    I don't get it? Do you think that, having ticketed you once, they won't ticket the same car in the same place again? Not true, I'm afraid. I've seen cars with up to four tickets on them.

It took me about 10mins to drop her off and return to the same parking space. Within which time the guy going around checking for pay and displays would probably not have noticed my absence. So rather than paying for pay and display I use the docket instead cuz it'll look like I had not yet returned to the car. A small concellation, but a concellation nonetheless :o

Cianos wrote:
    It took me about 10mins to drop her off and return to the same parking space. Within which time the guy going around checking for pay and displays would probably not have noticed my absence. So rather than paying for pay and display I use the docket instead cuz it'll look like I had not yet returned to the car. A small victory, but a victory nonetheless :o

You're missing the point. If the warden tickets a car, continues his round, and arrives back at the same car he will ticket it again. And again. The fact that the car has already been ticketed makes absolutely no difference, they simply don't care.

what an anan conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Sillyaspie wrote:

Indeed

• Advertisement

Sillyaspie wrote:
    What a wonderful point, and from such an aptly-named poster too. Let's just stick with the topic this time, your wits appear to be stretched enough as it is.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Sillyaspie wrote:
    anan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Blackjack wrote:
    ah !

Sillyaspie wrote:

And no more PMs, thanks. There's no need, I'm right here.;)

sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Anan....cloud, one of the Israelites who sealed the covenant after the return from Babylon (Neh. 10:26).

....i dont get it :D

oleras wrote:
    Anan....cloud, one of the Israelites who sealed the covenant after the return from Babylon (Neh. 10:26).

....i dont get it :D

Check this out, might give you a better idea of where he's coming from:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850280&referrerid=&highlight=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Anan1 wrote:

The smile will be on the other side of your face when you come out of your friends house and see your car on the back of a recovery truck turning the corner at the end of the road!!! AFAIK this is what they do if you don't pay the fine imminently...

Darragh29 wrote:
    The smile will be on the other side of your face when you come out of your friends house and see your car on the back of a recovery truck turning the corner at the end of the road!!! AFAIK this is what they do if you don't pay the fine imminently...

Wrong quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

If its not moved after they ticket it, they will tow it.

It must cost like 50 quid an hour to park there so's you can get your last laugh?-

• Advertisement
Advertisement