Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple monitors on 1 card

Options
  • 26-09-2006 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using 2 17" tft monitors on my 7600GT. Desktop is fine but When I play video content the picture only appears on one half of the display - media player is black on the other side. Games result in one of the screens going into standby. Is this normal, and do I need another card in my machine to watch video across the two screens or how do I go about this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

For games yes that is normal. You can try and workaround that if the game supports running in windowed mode I think.

As per the media player issue I take it this is a spanned desktop yes ?

And that you are trying to play a video over the two displays, my memory is a little foggy on this but in NVIDIA's {old} control panel with multi-monitor support enabled you should find a "full screen video" section whereby this allows some control over video playback over multiple screens I think the auto selection worked under spanning but I'm not sure. Try messing around with those settings and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You'll deginitely need to use special ful screen video settings, because you can't normally stretch an overlay across 2 screens afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thanks lads, will give it a go later :)

Advertisement