Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Booting it around up North...

Options
  • 26-09-2006 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I have noticed these new Average Speed Cameras about the place in Northern Ireland, should I we worried about them at all, being a southern driver.

As far as I'm aware, i can't be procecuted for speeding, but this is a relatively new form of speed detection. Also, was is the max speed on Northern motorways.

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Of course you can be prosecuted, they just don't have any authority to give you penalty points or an endorsement on an irish licence. If you ever apply for a UK licence, they will duely oblige with the points. They can also arrest you and hold you overnight given that you're from another jurastiction and may try to flea from prosecution otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Also, was is the max speed on Northern motorways.

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Motorways are 70 miles per hour.
    I always have some confusion with Northern dual carriageways. I thought the max on a d/c was 60MPH but on the way to Belfast you sometimes see a national speed limit sign, [i thought 60moh] but then this is cancelled and a 60MPH sign comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Why would you want to behave in the same manner that offends us all so much when the Nordies come down here and drive like ar5eholes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

There is already a thread about this in commuting & transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Motorways are 70 miles per hour.
    I always have some confusion with Northern dual carriageways. I thought the max on a d/c was 60MPH but on the way to Belfast you sometimes see a national speed limit sign, [i thought 60moh] but then this is cancelled and a 60MPH sign comes up.

I thought DCs in the North/UK were 70 for cars...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The national speed limit, indicated by the national%20speed%20limit%20sign.gif sign on Dual Carriageways is 70mph, unless indicated otherwise. On the A1 there are frequent 60mph stretches and the signs are very difficult to spot at night. Allied to that (and as far as I can make out so stand corrected) there are more 60mph limited stretches in the south-bound direction than there are in the North-bound direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

el tel wrote:
    The national speed limit, indicated by the national%20speed%20limit%20sign.gif sign on Dual Carriageways is 70mph, unless indicated otherwise. On the A1 there are frequent 60mph stretches and the signs are very difficult to spot at night. Allied to that (and as far as I can make out so stand corrected) there are more 60mph limited stretches in the south-bound direction than there are in the North-bound direction.

Thanks, that clears up a few points for me

Advertisement