Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolest transformer?

Options
  • 26-09-2006 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Optimus Prime FTW!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

The coolest transformer has to be shockwave. he was one of the original 3 built by Leige Maximo. the others being megatron (too psycotic) and soundwave(too unchrasamatic).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Shockwave was great in the comics. But he was terrible in the cartoons.

Be sure to have a look at Shockwave's Burden on youtube if you haven't seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

surprised this thread isn't full of "starscream ftw"

so i'll start :p

starscream ftw!!!1eleven

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Prowl ftw! (and i see he's in the Movie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Grimlock, Grimlock, Grimlock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Show char BM megs
    toy hmmmmmmm prolly masterpiece convoy/20th prime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Megatron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Shockwave was great in the comics.
    Oh yes... that whole re-taking of Iacon from Dreamwave bumped him up a few notches.

Him Grimlock and perhaps Jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

grimlock, grimlock, grimlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

In the cartoons Laserbeak was the only Decepticon who didn't seem to constantly f*ck up.

He'd always come back with great information from a spying mission and he was your only man for kidnapping humans.

I watched an episode recently where he even took down Optimus Prime by himself and would have finished him off if Megatron hadn't called him back to base as he had some stupid overly complicated plan involving making a clone of Optimus Prime instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

The_g-man wrote:
    Says it all really.

i lol'd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

ahaha great stuff. OP FTW alwayz and forever. He is just the coolest transformer. Period

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

surprised this thread isn't full of "starscream ftw"

so i'll start :p

starscream ftw!!!1eleven
    Well, i would like to add to this, starscream ftw!!!1eleven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Unicron! Although his story of origin was a bit crap in season 3

Or maybe Skywarp. he was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Megatron! In the cartoon anyway, his voice is great. In the comics, probably Galvatron, he was super cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Transformers forum? Well it's about time!

Anyway, fave transformer. Well, being more of a fan of the comics than the cartoon(s) I'm gonna go for Nightbeat. He was the detective autobot, transformed into a police car and was a Headmaster -i think. He appeared quite late in the comics but he played a key role in the Matrix Quest saga. He was clearly an attempt by Furman to do a Philip Marlowe style character, world-weary, cynical and wise-cracking with a certain suspicion of authority (including towards Prime believe it or not). Along with Kup he was one of the main dissenters of Primes decision to ally the Autobots with Scorponok's Decepticon faction, as it seemed at the time to be more of a surrender (although Prime proved to be right in the long run)
    One of favourite issues of the comic, can't remember what it was called, but it was the one where Thunderwing arrives on the Ark in control of the Matrix/Dark Matrix and begins slaughtering the Autobots. As Prime remains crippled with indecision over whether to save the Matrix or save his followers Nightbeat takes the initiative to dispatch Thunderwing. And how he does it is really cool! One of the best lines in the comics: "Matrix guide me. Hmm... then again, maybe not."
    Man I love Simon Furman's run on the comic. He wrote some genuinely epic and enthralling storylines and made what were essentially elaborate advertisements for toys into characters you cared about. And I have serious doubts Michael Bay will be able to do even that.

Advertisement