Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6230 not ringing?

• 26-09-2006 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My 6230 has stopped ringing. Text alert and loudspeaker all gone. So im guessing the speaker is blown? also when i get a text the PHONE is making the interferance noise u get when u hold u phone up to a speaker! any ideas wats wrong and is it worth gettin fixed? or should i bin it?

cheers

edit: phone was bought in may 05

edit2:just found out that warrantly on mobile phones is 24 months not 12 so I should be ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

As you found out there's 24 months warranty on Nokia phones. Bring/send it in, but be prepared to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It should be ok, the speaker seemed to be a common replacement in them, it's readily for sale on mobile phone sites.

Yep its common alright, my brother's 6230 failed twice with the same problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

brought it to fonemenders yesterday (same day service before noon on warranty) and they told me its liquid damage and its not covered by warranty.

not a bit happy with this. like nothing has been spilled on the phone. they said it could have occured some time ago and the effects only coming to light now. they said liquid damage can occur in ur pocket if u have been sweating!, if using phone in the rain, condensation, etc.

i rang nokia last night and they told me to get a second opinion and if that's the same to come back to them. so i asked what could be done if i was to come back, i got put on hold, then was informed that actually that would be it, nothing more could be done!

anyone else have any experiences like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Liquid damage seems to be the excuse they all use to get out of a free repair, I had the same and there was no way the phone had liquid in it..... 'tell him its water damage', must be in the first page of the technicians manual...

• Advertisement
Advertisement