Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discontinued Roses :-(

• 26-09-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Anyone else miss the sweets that are no longer in the Roses box anymore. They actually discontinued three of my favourite sweets since I was a kid:

Bournville Miniture Bar
    Cadbury's Dairymilk Miniture Bar
    Nougat in green wrapper

Wish they would bring these back, and I know you can get the bournville and regular dairymilk bars but they're just not the same as the miniture bars!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i hear ya girl!! when i was a kid my parents used to laugh at me coz the first ones i would always go for were the bournville and dairy milk miniatures..mmmm...even though i know there is a mini dairy milk one in them now, it just doesn't seem the same somehow. I also reeeally liked the coffee creme ones, but most people i say that to are of the opinion that they were horrible!! the Nutty Truffle Log was also a favourite...i was sad when i realised they'd taken that away on me too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

At least now I know i'm not the only person that misses the Coffee Cremes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

While you're on the subject of discontinued food, does anyone remember the cadbury wispa's??? Or the vice-versa's??? Childhood memories, how i love them.
    Cadbury tried to replace the wispa with the bubbly, and failed miserably.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

oih man, coffee cremes were the best, i wouldnt eat them til all the other ones were gone coz the only competition for those ones was from the mother, but everyone wanted all the rest.

the new coca cola blak smells like em...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 debly

wispa gold, top deck!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley bars and cadburys marble bars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

debly wrote:
    wispa gold, top deck!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley bars and cadburys marble bars
    Darn, I just to love those Wispa Gold bars. They were just heaven, shame they are gone.

Anyway, back on topic. I have to say I prefer the new dairy milk in the Roses at the minute than those really small flat type ones they had when I was a kid. the new ones are bigger and you get a double bite. Anyway, thats just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well as long as they still have the caramel one with hazelnut in the middle, I'll be happy. :)

memphis wrote:
    I have to say I prefer the new dairy milk in the Roses at the minute than those really small flat type ones they had when I was a kid. the new ones are bigger and you get a double bite. Anyway, thats just my opinion.
    i think i agree but the other miniature one reminds me so much of when i was a kid that i look on it more fondly...if you get what i mean, hehe :D

Ruu wrote:
    Well as long as they still have the caramel one with hazelnut in the middle, I'll be happy. :)
    ah no worries, they'd never get rid of that one. it's the best!! the most popular too i'd say. they also have it in Milk Tray and Nestle have a cheaper-tasting rip-off in Quality Street...sooo not as good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 debly

I definatley prefer the old wee thin one, the same ones that'd fit into those chocolate machine things. do you remember the little dispenser things you could buy. you'd put 2p in and a little bar would pop out. they were great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

i think i agree but the other miniature one reminds me so much of when i was a kid that i look on it more fondly...if you get what i mean, hehe :D

I'm the same it was more the novelty that it was miniature bar that made it special. I used to pretend it was a giant bar for my Barbies. Aw the innocence of being a child.

Debly I remember those, never got one though :(

Ruu the purple wrapper sweet will never be discontinued as like someone else said its probably the most popular and the first sweet to disappear from the box.

I never liked the coffee ones. In my house there were always coffee creams, orange creams and strawberry creams left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

I miss the little shell shaped blue ones that had little nuts in them. I think I'm the only person who actually liked them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The strawberry ones were my favourite until they changed them:mad: Don't try tellin me they're the same

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Archeron wrote:
    I miss the little shell shaped blue ones that had little nuts in them. I think I'm the only person who actually liked them
    they had like praline ni em as well as almond chunks yeah??
    i love nuts and parlines

Archeron wrote:
    oohh!! no i loved these too!! absolutely. that was one of my very favourites from childhood..one of the first i'd go for all the time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Can you still get regular size bars of Bournville, they are scarce these days, havent seen them in many places. And coffe sweets were always the last resort.Strawberry Creme all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Ruu the purple wrapper sweet will never be discontinued as like someone else said its probably the most popular and the first sweet to disappear from the box.

I hope the same applies to hazelnut whirls. I would boycott Roses forever if they were discontinued!

them really popular ones liek teh hazelnut whirls, hazelnut in caramel and teh caramel kegs were released as packets of them only there for a while

Slunk wrote:
    Can you still get regular size bars of Bournville, they are scarce these days, havent seen them in many places. And coffe sweets were always the last resort.Strawberry Creme all the way.
    yep you can still get em alright. I wouldn't have thought they're scarce, I see them in most shops!! Which reminds me, I have one in the press right now...nyom nyom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Slunk wrote:
    Can you still get regular size bars of Bournville, they are scarce these days, havent seen them in many places.

I'm a cadbury rep and they are in every shop i service but thats only cos i'm great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

do you remember that time they took out the strawberry and orange ones (they have since out them back in as people complained). My mates mum was one of the people that complained at the time and they sent her a free box

the purple ones were fab at one point they had giant ones of the purple ones and the green triangles and the toffee sticks mmmmmm havent seen thme in ages the giant purple ones were lovely

the giant ones wehre a quality street thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Guys a slight threadjack here, but along the same lines.
    im hoping that this choccie bar did exist, or else im going slightly mad.
    I remember my dad would bring us some chocs on his way home from work (were talking early/mid 70s here) and the bar im thinking of was called either "2 by 2" or "2 plus 2", which seems a bit mad cos i reckon it had 9 squares, thereby making it a 3 by 3 :confused:
    It was about the size of a squared off 4finger kitkat, and the wrapper was red, caramel color, and brown stripes (very 70s man). I think each line of squares had a different filling, hence the 2 by 2 (or 3 by 3 ) moniker.

Am i going mad, or does anyone even vaguely remember these?

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Onkle51 wrote:
    I'm a cadbury rep and they are in every shop i service but thats only cos i'm great!

My new best friend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Probably never noticed them cause I wasnt exactly looking for them but Ive since found them most places seen as this thread reminded of how delicious they are.

the purple ones were fab at one point they had giant ones of the purple ones and the green triangles and the toffee sticks mmmmmm havent seen thme in ages the giant purple ones were lovely
    you're talking about Quality Street!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I miss the Bournville / Cadbury's Dairymilk miniature bar, when you held them in your hand you felt like a giant! Although I can now get the same feeling for those miniature whiskey bottles you can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

tc20 wrote:
    Guys a slight threadjack here, but along the same lines.
    im hoping that this choccie bar did exist, or else im going slightly mad.
    I remember my dad would bring us some chocs on his way home from work (were talking early/mid 70s here) and the bar im thinking of was called either "2 by 2" or "2 plus 2", which seems a bit mad cos i reckon it had 9 squares, thereby making it a 3 by 3 :confused:
    It was about the size of a squared off 4finger kitkat, and the wrapper was red, caramel color, and brown stripes (very 70s man). I think each line of squares had a different filling, hence the 2 by 2 (or 3 by 3 ) moniker.

Am i going mad, or does anyone even vaguely remember these?

Tony

Oh it existed - I dont know the name but I can certainly remember the bar. Flavours included mint, orange, stawberry etc. A bit of an odd combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'll be happy as long as they keep the caramel barrels in :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

c - 13 wrote:
    At least now I know i'm not the only person that misses the Coffee Cremes.

Me too!!:(

Advertisement