Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 5 - Possibly 360 exclusive?

Options
  • 26-09-2006 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67959

Read above article for more detail, but there are rumours that Resident Evil 5 will be an Xbox 360 exclusive, and not Xbox 360 and PS3 as everyone previously thought. Whether this is true or not, we'll see, but Xbox boss Takashi Sensui did not deny it, and gave a cryptic answer.

It wouldn't surprise me in one sense because Dead Rising has done so well and is 360 exclusive, and Lost Planet (out next year) is 360 exclusive aswell. But on the other hand they've got a lot of history with Sony (and then Nintendo, maybe they just like hopping platforms).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Fine with me Resident evil chronicles and Resident evil 5 shall be mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fine with me too, yet another nail in the lid of Sony's coffin:p

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Probably a timed exclusivity of 6 months like they did with Splinter Cell.
    Good news though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I too, am not bothered by this, though I can imagine I would be if I held off buying a 360 in order to save up for a ps3, which is something I don't have to do any more, hooray for being out in the real world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really hope it is a 360 exclusive! That'd be a big kick in Sony's face, to lose such a lucrative frachise. Again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Well it's due out in March so I'd imagine it will at least be a 360 exclusive for a few months, unless Sony have it as a launch game over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mcgarnicle wrote:
    Well it's due out in March so I'd imagine it will at least be a 360 exclusive for a few months, unless Sony have it as a launch game over here.

I doubt March for some reason. Personally Id be highly surprised to see it in 2007 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I doubt March for some reason. Personally Id be highly surprised to see it in 2007 at all.
    Yeah but regardless of when it comes out, if they keep the RE 4 mechanics and put the game in even half decent settings it will be well worth the wait.

With regards to it not being an exclusive....i'd say something like "it was too good to be true", but the format a game like this is released on really doesn't matter, also the more people playing such a (hopefully) great game the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

probably wont be out until the end of next year.... also lost planet is not 360 exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Capcom have it scheduled for release this fiscal year, that means march. Could well slip but they will try to avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

evad_lhorg wrote:
    also lost planet is not 360 exclusive.

Do you know something everyone else doesn't? Last I read it was still an Xbox exclusive.

And to back that up, an interview with Takeuchi from Capcom (less than a month ago):

GameSpot: To be clear, will Lost Planet be exclusive to the Xbox 360, or is it being ported to other platforms?

Jun Takeuchi: Lost Planet is an exclusive Xbox 360 title. Typically, when the development team sets out to create a game, we focus development of the title on a single platform, and for Lost Planet, that platform is the Xbox 360. We have no plans at this time of porting to or developing for another console, as this would potentially dilute the final product.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

will take that with a pinch of salt as Capcom made and broke similar promises with the "Gamecube 5"

I have to say i think it's weird that there are all these posts about wanting Sony out of the console/game business as to be perfectly honest I'd hate to imagine what it would be like if MS were the driving force in console games...

Well, if Lost Planet is released on the PS3, it'll be a good while before that happens, so it will be 360 exclusive (like RE4 was on the Gamecube for a good while).

I don't want Sony out of the business at all, but they could do with some humble pie, their attitude a lot of the time stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

koneko wrote:
    Do you know something everyone else doesn't? Last I read it was still an Xbox exclusive.

Think its coming out on the PC, I think.
    Its a console exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Clank wrote:
    Think its coming out on the PC, I think.
    Its a console exclusive.

I don't think it is, Jun Takeuchi seems pretty adamant that it's only going to be on 360 (just like Dead Rising). Though it might end up on PC eventually, but they've said they have no plans to port it to anything else.

Also, we're going off topic :) But I read that the Lost Planet demo has been downloaded by 550,000 users :eek: Looks like it could do pretty well when it's out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Clank wrote:
    Probably a timed exclusivity of 6 months like they did with Splinter Cell.
    Good news though!
    Exactly what I'm thinking, that's what *exclusive* means when it comes to consoles these days.

Advertisement