Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Probably hopeless question

• 26-09-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all you experts out there, I am asking this question hoping for a miracle but realistically I think I know the answer. Is there any way of recovering sound from a tape that was used in a camcorder with a faulty mic attached. The external mic was plugged in during the recording of the vows at my sisters wedding ceremony and the sound was cut off. The mics I usually attach to the camera are usually powered by the camcorder battery and I assumed this one was too. Unfortunately it needed its own batteries and I only realised it too late. Thankfully this was the only part of the whole day this happened, I realised my mistake before too much harm was done but if there is any way of recovering the sound I would be on cloud nine. It is like when you attach headphones into a stereo socket and they cut the on board mic. Any ideas please, before I pull my hair out!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If the sound wasn't recorded then there's not way of getting it back. Is there anything on the tape?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Luckily we only connected the mic for the vows and the prayers of the faithful. The internal mic was used up till then so the rest of the tape is fine. We lost the music but thankfully we were able to re-record it in the church again later and I can replace the sound over the picture. We have been recording weddings for about fourteen years now and this is the first problem we have had, unfortunately it was my sisters wedding, but it was easier telling her than a customer. I am thinking of asking the priest to go through the vows again just to get the sound again. I knew it was a hopeless request but as I said I was hoping for a miracle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

No chance, but if you can get your sister and the priest to repeat them then you are back in business. I'm sure this happens often enough that the priest won't mind.

Cheers
    Howard

Advertisement