Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The coming weekends premiership action

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

el rabitos wrote:
    gonzalez is injured

well that makes more sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Drogba - what a finish. C'mon on Villa!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

drogba goal very sloppy, ball barely kicked over the line, any thoughts on the challenge on villa keeper? i have seen them given as a foul before, but this looked ok. close call though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Did drogba put it in or was it the defender behind him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Bad decision by the linesman. Will he be punished by the FA at all for that decision?

Bolton worked so hard today, terrible team to watch but you have to admire their effort. Pool created zilch today.

Nice goal by van Persie, makes it 1-1. Darren Bent had earlier scored, after Eboue and Toure went walking at the back post.

Lovely build play by Henry and Helb setup van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Pool created zilch today.

except the 13 shots on goal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Call_me_al wrote:
    except the 13 shots on goal....

How dare you use logic and facts to pick apart his arguement.

Agbonlahor scores for Villa, similar to Chelsea's goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Baros should have made it 1-2, good spin off the defender but poor shot, Villa are still in it. Chelsea always look like they loose interest when they go 1 up imo.

Up the Villa

irish1 wrote:
    Baros should have made it (insert score)

Baros built a career around that sentence while at Liverpool.

Roddy23 wrote:
    Agbonlahor scores for Villa, similar to Chelsea's goal.

Emm Chelsea score from the keeper dropping the ball and Drogba miskicking it in over the line from about 2 feet out.

Villa have a corner, its cleared, Ridgewell peels off to the back post, Davis picks him out and he heads it back across the goal where Gabby gets up and heads it down into the bottom corner.

Simalar?:confused:

Stekelly wrote:
    Baros built a career around that sentence while at Liverpool.

Well he did well to create the chance and has only made appearances from the bench this season. He scored more league goals than any Liverpool Striker last season, he has ability but like some other good strikers (e.g. Andy Cole) he needs a few chances to score.

irish1 wrote:
    Well he did well to create the chance and has only made appearances from the bench this season. He scored more league goals last than any Liverpool Striker last season, he has ability but like some other good strikers (e.g. Andy Cole) he needs a few chances to score.

I also wouldnt bet, even with someone elses money, on him to score when 1 on 1 with the keeper. Him and Cisse are the kings of missed chances.

Emm Chelsea score from the keep dropping the ball and Drogba miskicking it in over the line from about 2 foot out.

Villa have a corner its cleared, Ridgewell peels off to the back post, Davis picks him out and he heads it back across the goal where Gabby gets up and heads it down into the bottom corner.

Simalar?

Similar in that both were created from good crosses, then headered on, giving the opportunity. Ye'd get a pain in the arse round here with some of the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Drogba looking like the player that Shevchenko used to be in the first half. Lots of neat knock downs and flick ons, supplied Lamps and Essien with two shots on goal, made a couple of excellent clearances from Villa corners and of course, scored Chelsea's goal. I would have to say, Chelsea's best player today. Shevchenko not even in the game, awful.

Villa wholly deserving their goal. Sorensen has been brilliant in goal. Petrov playing well too, breaking up Chelsea at some key moments and surging forward. He'd be Villa's best player after Sorensen in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Anyone notice how Robben and Cole don't seem to be interlinking on the left at all? Cole is constantly overlapping Robben on the wing but never even gets a look in.

Roddy23 wrote:
    Similar in that both were created from good crosses, then headered on, giving the opportunity. Ye'd get a pain in the arse round here with some of the comments.

Well I was just asking but if you want to be like that about it fine. Also going by your logic I'd say a large number of goals are simalar.:)

I'd say a large number of goals are simalar.

-they all end up in the back of the net.

- what a goal from van Persie -sweet strike. Arsenal lead 2-1.
    lovely volley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Drogba looking like the player that Shevchenko used to be in the first half. Lots of neat knock downs and flick ons, supplied Lamps and Essien with two shots on goal, made a couple of excellent clearances from Villa corners and of course, scored Chelsea's goal. I would have to say, Chelsea's best player today. Shevchenko not even in the game, awful.

when drogba first came to these shores everyone thought he was total cack but mourinho stuck by him, he adjusted to the league and now hes banging goals in from everywhere and having excellent games everytime he plays. Its gonna take Shev a while to get used to the pace and style of the english game and once he figures out how to do it there's gonna be alot of people around here with a very very different tune!

Not picking apart your post in particular raskolnikov, just kinda pointing at everyone who says shev is ****e or whatever

Anyone notice how Robben and Cole don't seem to be interlinking on the left at all? Cole is constantly overlapping Robben on the wing but never even gets a look in.

Cole was screaming for the ball from Robben a moment ago and he just ignored him and played it back to the keeper.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Van Persie with an absolute stunner apparently. I finally acquired a feed and it cut out just before the goal. Oh well, MOTD I guess.

That Champions League goal from Helb, seems to have done him wonders. He's having a great game here. Pepe i just posted my stream there, cut out once so far, but grand now.

Villa game is great stuff to watch both teams had chances in the last few minutes.

Lovely link up play with Petrov and Angel, if anyone wondered if Petrov is good enough for the Premiership I think he has answered them, he is a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Shevchenko is too good for Chelsea's style of play. He needs the ball passed into him, like he used to get from Kaka and Pirlo, and because he doesn't get it, he needs to drop deep and gets nothing done. He hasn't adjusted to boring football yet. Luckily Poll is just giving everything to Chelsea

Rosicky on for van Persie. Very good game from Robin today - and two lovely taking goals, with the second one a peach of a volley.

What a game, what a game!

Villa hold the champions at Stamford Bridge!!!!

Martin O'Neill really must have something special, I mean apart from Petrov he hasn't got any more players than Villa had last year, infact we had Milner last year. The man has something special I just hope we can build on this point and start winning away from home against lower ranked teams.

Super Super Villa.

You better hope that the "something special" isnt just new manager syndrome, cos that usually doesnt last more than 7 or 8 games.

Stekelly wrote:
    You better hope that the "something special" isnt just new manager syndrome, cos that usually doesnt last more than 7 or 8 games.
    New Manager syndrome has played its part I'm sure but I think that has probably worn off and don't forget we have millions coming in January. Although I think one of the big factors that has helped us is the way Martin keeps the same team, everyone is working hard, I mean Gabby made a great tackle in the 6 yard box right at the end, not many wide players would be working that hard after 90 minutes.

• Advertisement

Good win for Arsenal, ye'd expect them to win a match like this, but they went out and did it. Was good to see Wenger and vanPersie at the end, celebrating between them. Hopefully now this will see vanPersie really kick off, and fulfill his obvious potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Is the united match on the tele? or on ppstream or anything like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

frustrating afternoon at the Bridge, chelsea paid the price for their 1st half complacency and then had 10+ decent-ish chances in the second but just couldn't put it away, one great shot from Sheva well saved by Sorensen, other than that he looked slow and sleepy.

Cracking game to watch though, fair play to villa, your scorer (won't attempt to spell the name) made Cashley Cole look like a chump on more than one occasion, his tactic of lying flat on the ground when someone runs at him seems a bit strange, still can't take to him in a blue shirt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Good win by arsenal. Van the man could have had a hat trick!

Link to the goal of the season
    http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=msg&th=209127&start=0&rid=&S=a157fd6d4b994ba284e1da0d8c42a0d2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Is the united match on the tele? or on ppstream or anything like that?

doesnt look like it. not live anyway. suprising seeing as its a pretty big game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reading up after about 2 mins against West Ham.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Does anyone know how I could watch the Man United Newcastle match? It's on Premiere 1(German Channel) and pplive.com won't load for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

f@!k me Roeder is trying to be clever by going 4-5-1 dropping Martins and bringing Butt back (does anyone still remember his disgraceful performance against the Mancs last time he played against them for us?). Oh God...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

1-0 United (Manchester that is :) ) Solskjaer from inside the box, assisted by Ronaldo.

it did hit the post yea? picture went a bit dodgy just ronaldo shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

evad_lhorg wrote:
    it did hit the post yea? picture went a bit dodgy just ronaldo shot
    yes

Spurs 1-0 after 45 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Depressing stuff. Instead of trying to win we seem happy to play for a draw or just damage limitation. I hate you Roeder.

2-0 United, Solskjaer again, although he knew nothing about it! A Vidic shot deflected in. Straight after Ronaldo blasted over from close range after a great move. United really are flowing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Man U 2 Newcastle 0

should be 4!!
    cant belive Ronaldo missed and cant believe scholes chipped.

and POST AGAIN#!!!!!! arghhh

Joy to watch. Ronaldo has hit the post 3 times :eek: My FF team weeps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thats such a peno its unreal

Deja vu! Taylor saves Fletcher's shot with his hand, goes over clutching his ribs. Reminds me of last season, was it against Villa he did that and got sent off?

Stone wall penalty denied.

• Advertisement
Advertisement