Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The coming weekends premiership action

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Joy to watch. Ronaldo has hit the post 3 times :eek: My FF team weeps!

ditto :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

For the love of all that is good and sporting, please let there be retrospective punishments on diving. I have the Spurs game on in the background, I'm not sure what player it was but he dived to win a penalty. Blatent. Defoe tucked it away, 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Taylor just did what he had to do, like Solksjaer did 8 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

2-1 to spurs at half time.

kinaldo wrote:
    Taylor just did what he had to do
    I'm sorry, if he "had" to do it then it shouldn't have been a penalty at all.

And how is an 8-year old foul relevent in any way to this incident?

kinaldo wrote:

man, beckham looks so young!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Standard of ref's and assistants is gone to the dogs, Zamora should be banned and fined for that dive and that Ref should be fined as well, he was so close and had a clear view and yet he got it wrong.

At this level Ref's shouldn't be getting those decisions wrong, this weekend has been awful for big decisions.

I'm sorry, if he "had" to do it then it shouldn't have been a penalty at all.
    Well my interpretation of it was Taylor willing to sacrifice himself for the team - as always. It was the only way he could block the goal bound shot so yes he did have to do it and it should have been a penalty.
    And how is an 8-year old foul relevent in any way to this incident?
    The age of the foul has no relevance . I was highlighting two similarities in player commitment to defend Taylor which came to me because of who's involved. If Manc fans criticise Taylor for his deception then I ask those fans who applauded Solskjaer off the pitch 8 years ago after the professional foul, was that more unsporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Side note Nigel Worthington just resigned/got fired from Norwich after todays defeat.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

any chance for a link to the madrid derby,

atletico 1-0 up.

• Advertisement

bazzman wrote:
    any chance for a link to the madrid derby,

atletico 1-0 up.
    ppstream link [URL="ppstream://hwmpb62ce7jcmaybapmt3ghq7mb5spmytwbqhwo2a4ohua6z.pps/GORERXTXMUM35A4QCHCHEEHIT2SZZYBA"]here[/URL] 1-1 now Raul at it again

2-1 final score to spurs.

great win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Every single person that predicted the weekend's results on the first page of the thread went for a home win in the Everton vs Manchester City game. I was confident of at least a point and we deservedly took it, showing great character in the process.

Everton are a side in great form but we battled and nicked a point the death. As for Motty's comments on Andy Johnson's goal being England material, I think we all saw the horrible deflection off Distin.

Weaver had a great game, made a couple of top drawer saves and once again Richard Dunne led by example with an amazing save with his body on the line. 4 points now away from home in 2006; things are looking up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Newcastle were embarassed today big style, how Utd didnt win by 4 or 5 I'll never know.At one stage it looked like Ronaldo was playing Newcastle on his own :o

Defo worth a watch on MOTD 2 :D

kinaldo wrote:
    The age of the foul has no relevance . I was highlighting two similarities in player commitment to defend Taylor which came to me because of who's involved. If Manc fans criticise Taylor for his deception then I ask those fans who applauded Solskjaer off the pitch 8 years ago after the professional foul, was that more unsporting?
    Solskjaer was in the wrong then, of course. But that doesn't make Taylor any less guilty today, that's why I don't think there's any point in digging that foul up.
    Taylor handled the ball, deliberately, in the penalty area. Should've been a penalty, I don't see what the arguement is.

Good win for Spurs as well, although how they got that penalty is absolutely beyond me. Dawson went off with a head injury after a collision with Huddlestone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    Side note Nigel Worthington just resigned/got fired from Norwich after todays defeat.

Mike.

God mike can you not read? It cleary says "the coming weekends PREMIERSHIP action. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

2-1 final score to spurs.

great win.

Yep a good one alright. Jol would have been in trouble if you lost that one I reckon. Very surprised at Spurs start to the season this year as they were very good last year.

Is Keane playing well or is he still running around like a headless chicken??

Solskjaer was in the wrong then, of course. But that doesn't make Taylor any less guilty today, that's why I don't think there's any point in digging that foul up.
    I think in both cases any player would have done the same, and most Manc fans (at least the ones I know and those who applauded him off) clearly feel that Solksjaer was right to take Lee out.
    Taylor handled the ball, deliberately, in the penalty area. Should've been a penalty, I don't see what the arguement is.
    I'm just defending Taylor's actions. As soon as the ref waved away the penalty appeals I had some Manc fan on msn calling him a cheating f!@k which really ticks me off.

i dont think jol would be in trouble to be honest, but youre not the only one surprised at the start weve had :)

keane slips between genious and headless chicken mode on a daily basis :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

kinaldo wrote:

what a tackle!!! LEGEND! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Good win for Spurs as well, although how they got that penalty is absolutely beyond me.

Shout from behind the goal was for a peno, we were all convinced it was. Having seen the replay, I can't believe the ref gave it, and I'm deeply unimpressed with Zokora for the dive. Hope Jol knocks that out of his game, there should be no place for cheats at Spurs.
    irish1 wrote:
    Standard of ref's and assistants is gone to the dogs, Zamora should be banned and fined for that dive and that Ref should be fined as well, he was so close and had a clear view and yet he got it wrong.

Hope you're not involved with the disciplinary committee, or Alan Pardew's gonna wanna know why his striker got banned for a dive at the Spurs-Pompey game...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gandalf wrote:
    Is Keane playing well or is he still running around like a headless chicken??

Looked great against Sheff Utd, but then so has everyone except Boro so far...

Dropping too deep, trying to be a creator rather than a goalscorer. Not showing the necessary desire to get into the box,and TBH his runs off the ball have been disappointing.

Saw an interesting stat in one of the tabloids today, Keane has started every season for Spurs slowly, never scoring more than 5 up to the end of October in each of his 5 seasons. Scoring rate increased in each season from November on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did not see it but it sounded like we played well and that NewCastle rolled over! Not to worry still a good 3 points and OLE scored, legend that man.
    Still looking good for a top 6 finish ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not a bad game there, Watford v Fulham.

3-3 - Watford equalised with a minute of normal time to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

but after surrendering a 2-0 lead

• Advertisement
Advertisement