Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMART Fault - Eircom to fix

• 26-09-2006 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a fault on my smart line. I've logged it with them today. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with getting line faults fixed?

How long does it take eircom to respond to smart customer faults... i'd imagine they will drag their feet for the next decade if previous performance is anything to go by... [you can tell m line activation went smoothly?]

This doesn't seem to be related to the problems everyone experienced at the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I had a line fault last year. I would suggest you follow up on it every day with Smart and ensure that there is some movement on it or it might just get lost at the bottom of the queue. Took about a week or more I think before Eircon did anything and all they did was say the line was perfectly fine, nothing to do with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Peace wrote:
    Hey,

I have a fault on my smart line. I've logged it with them today. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with getting line faults fixed?

How long does it take eircom to respond to smart customer faults... i'd imagine they will drag their feet for the next decade if previous performance is anything to go by... [you can tell m line activation went smoothly?]

This doesn't seem to be related to the problems everyone experienced at the weekend.
    I had same issue so I rang comreg and they got on to eircom fixed next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

So i got a phone call today (after i chased them asking what had happened). Apparently Eircom got back to smart telling them that I was an Eircom customer. Smart then proceeded to tell me to call Eircom and get them to fix my line.

I made it clear to the smart person that that was not going to happen and that i wa squarely over to smart to fix my line as I'm paying smart for the priveledge.

If only i could go back in time. I'd order eircom bb and cut out all this middle man b*llsh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

blame the country and 1 companys monopolisation over the whole of it

running back to said company would fix your problems for sure though... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Well whatever you opinion, i just want service. I don't care who provides it.

Anyway, SMART came back and said that the only way to square away my account was to cancel the account with them and go through the order process from scratch with eircom.

I said i'd certainly do the cancellation thing, but not the reorder thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You do realise that this process is only so tedious because Eircon make it so? I would go back to Smart on principle because the Eircon tactics are so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

paulm17781 wrote:
    You do realise that this process is only so tedious because Eircon make it so? I would go back to Smart on principle because the Eircon tactics are so bad.
    Unfortunately this is just another story of
    EirComReg
    and their apparent attempts to shut down loop unbundlers?

.probe

Advertisement