Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Based CMS

Options
  • 26-09-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have some experience with PHP/MySql CMS's, mostly ModX. I've come to doing a site now which has to be run off IIS. Can anybody recommend a good ASP (.NET?) based CMS, free or otherwise.

What I'm really looking for is something simple enough (which does not try to force a structure), which will allow users to edit content, friendly url's, multilingual support and some form of security. If anybody has used something that fits the bill I'd really appreciate a pointer.

Cheers
    jayb

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well DotNetNuke is possily the most well known. It may be overkill but worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jayb

I had a look at DotNetNuke, and it is a bit overkill, it tries to implement a structure to the site.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

On the simple side of things just using .net 2 can be enough if you are o.k. with db stuff. It has excellent support for templates using masterpages and then data tiers using the datasets and objectdatasources etc. You should probably have a look at some of the starter kit example sites. The Beerhouse CMS example site might be a good one.

Advertisement