Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Home user broadband - slow?

• 26-09-2006 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Anybody finding their eircom broadband, home starter very very slow over the last month or so. At first i thought it was PC but i have tried it on two laptops, all with the same outcome. Very late at night things resume as normal and its perfect.

Anybody have similar problem, i am in the D7 area

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I've only had it(Eircom HS) since last Thursday but I notice during the day the DL/UL speeds reported by the DSL Stats are 960/128 but in the evening it goes down to 680/128. I suspect this is fairly normal as there are bound to be more ppl online in the evenings. Having said that the effect it has on surfing or even downloading is minimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

just got it today, did a dsl speed test and im getting downloads of 1.74mbs on 2mbs package which i guess is normal BUT browsing seems awful slow..... sometimes it is quite fast and other/a lot of the time browsing is not much better than on a modem (maybe a slight exageration) but it is slow :mad:

Advertisement