Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Perlico any good??

Options
  • 26-09-2006 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I just signed up for Perlico broadband plus yesterday , the last few posts are not encouraging ,the person i was talking to yesterday told me there is a €50 disconnection fee!
    Anybody else out there unhappy with there service or hopefully happy??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Their telemarketers would make me not go anywhere near them.

I was rang up 3 times in one day by them and at that stage I told the guy I felt like telling him to f*ck off and he got all indignant and said it was against the law for me to talk to him like that and that he was recording the conversation, which he never informed me of beforehand which I'm pretty damn sure is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Are Perlico any good??
    I just signed up for Perlico broadband plus yesterday , the last few posts are not encouraging ,the person i was talking to yesterday told me there is a €50 disconnection fee!
    Anybody else out there unhappy with there service or hopefully happy??

The best advice I can give if you are expecting good customer service from Perlico is, find a dark corner, cover your head and await merciful death. I apologise for any mistakes as it is hard to type properly in this dark corner with this towel around my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you bust their cap you will be charged €246 a Gb (their excess charge is 3c a megaBIT where most carriers charge 3c a megaBYTE if anything and there are 8 megabits in a megabyte ) .

Be very careful . Frankly I would go with Digiweb or BT

see threads about Perlico here

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sponge Bob wrote:
    If you bust their cap you will be charged €246 a Gb (their excess charge is 3c a megaBIT where most carriers charge 3c a megaBYTE if anything and there are 8 megabits in a megabyte ) .

Be very careful . Frankly I would go with Digiweb or BT

see threads about Perlico here

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Sweet lord, thats brutal altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

christ Sponge Bob you've got to be kidding me!!!
    I think a phone call is in order 2morrow, the feicers have me by the short and curlies though with their €50 disconnection fee.
    Any comments on download speeds??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Perli-crap

From painful experience all I can say is, I can live with being sold a less reliable system, slower speeds than claimed, a customer care department which takes 30 minutes to answer, technical waffle (and it is - I'm in the business and know) - but the bit that gets me is when I am charged more for a throttled system than I was paying eircom for unlimited.

In my opinion Perlico are 'Thieving B*stards' - but then others may disagree.

Additionally beware the direct debit - the bill arrives the day before the deduct, so there's no time to stop/resolve.

EDIT: To remove unvalidated claims

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Kavs wrote:
    christ Sponge Bob you've got to be kidding me!!!

No. 3c a Megabit it sez here ...and elsewhere on their site.... and thats €246 a GB including VAT (if you over and above the cap). You better hope their billing is very accurate . If there is any dispute you should protect your interests by installing DUMETER

DUMETER is accurate for one PC but if you have a home network it gets messy and you really should get a router that can log all the stats for all the PCs because all the perlico traffic will pass through it.

If , and only if, you are misbilled its breach of contract and you can then cancel with no penalties. Its up to you to prove this though .

If anybody has a specific complaint ......not a puerile teenage rant ......about any ISP in terms of their billing and/or customer care they should note that the consumers association is keeping a close eye on the low billing and cs standards that are all too prevalent in the telco industry. They may explain themselves in clear english below if capable of same .

https://server1a-sweb.tibus.net/consumerassociation/complaint-register.php

If you get an email back in response to a submission then make SURE that you cc every clarification and detail to the consumers association and to comreg, bobby.hannon@comreg.ie (head of consumer protection in Comreg ) and consumerline@comreg.ie

That way everybody who matters knows whats going on out there .

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Perlico broadband is supposed to be grand for basic web browsing and emails.

For P2P/gaming/VOIP/Video streaming etc - it's not gonna work out. They throttle connections/ports/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sponge Bob wrote:
    No. 3c a Megabit it sez here ...and elsewhere on their site.... and thats €246 a GB including VAT (if you over and above the cap).
    Its 3c a megabit up to a maximum charge of €35. Theres a thread on broadband here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

run, run away! signing up to them is like signing in ata concentration camp. Of friends I know, they have been ripped off by some very rough under the counter charges and download charges are not the worst...

• Advertisement
Advertisement