Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fuggin warlock...

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

managed to go through ULDAman last night on a 42 priest and ZF striaght after it with the same priest, and im shadow specced. we had a 40 warlock with us both times, also a 48 mage and a 46 warrior and i think a 44 druid but it should be ok with a smart group. i recommend badlands/tanaris for leveling, try taranis and head towards steamwheedle port and youl get some nice missions and xp

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ZF is cool, and has some lovely cloth drops (I had a Bad Mojo Mask for healing on my paladin because no clothie wanted it - and it looks awesome :D), but I would have thought 40/41 would have been a little low-levelled for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

badlands, a quick gleeful jaunt on my new horsie (her name is squiggles) south through loch modan, to the the most horde infected area i have ever been! :eek:

well badlands was... interesting to say the very least, in 22 minutes i was there managed to get ganked 4 times then pwn'd by a elite lvl 43 dragon :/

theres no flight path there either! bah!

back to scarlet monastry with me! im going to hit alakazam tonight when i get home to try and pickup some good q's for badlands and swamp of sorrows.

cance wrote:
    badlands, a quick gleeful jaunt on my new horsie (her name is squiggles) south through loch modan, to the the most horde infected area i have ever been! :eek:

well badlands was... interesting to say the very least, in 22 minutes i was there managed to get ganked 4 times then pwn'd by a elite lvl 43 dragon :/

theres no flight path there either! bah!

back to scarlet monastry with me! im going to hit alakazam tonight when i get home to try and pickup some good q's for badlands and swamp of sorrows.
    ha ill be in swamp of sorrows myself tonight...well if i can tear myself away from the lovely bot gold farming the ?? sky hawks there for me ;) god im glad i learnt to tag them...hes been there every night for the last 3 nights and i got bout 6 gold off him last night..gonna report him tonight me thinks...ah well, fun while it last ed...

*note to mods,if this cant be talked about then remove it instantly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nah, go right ahead, I'm all for abusing and reporting people that use bots. Grrrrr.

• Advertisement

ok kool, well its a 55+ (?? to me) alli hunter called Helpyou and was running the deadwind pass road farming the spawns last night, he is pvp tagged so free honor for those that can take him, hes been there between 11 ana 1 for the last 3 nights. server is jaednar...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Deaddude wrote:
    Apparently this guy, in his late fiftys on a PvP european server has kept the maxium PvP level: 13 FOR NEARLY A YEAR!!

Apparently this guy just LOVES PvP. and I mean LOVE IT XD
    the max is 14 isnt it ??? but still impressive..............(god to be retired and be able to play constantly

and sum1 else said something about keeping once you get to the rank you can use the equip forever wheather you stay at that rank or not

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

and sum1 else said something about keeping once you get to the rank you can use the equip forever wheather you stay at that rank or not
    True, I could still use my alliance battle standard even after dropping from Knight-Champion... it'd be horrible if you couldn't keep wearing the gear after losing rank!

PeakOutput wrote:
    the max is 14 isnt it ??? but still impressive..............(god to be retired and be able to play constantly

id even settle to be in college and play more often than i currently can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Well, once you buy your reward its yours but you must work to keep your status :)

• Advertisement

any experienced locks in the vicinity? would like some leveling advice if possible. Most of this stuff is covered in the wow forums, but only really for lvl 60.

a: i am currently specc'd heavily in afflication and touching on destruction (to get shadow burn). my dots are v powerfull over time, but in instances and such i find that my curse of agony isnt lasting long enough on the target to inflict the last 10 seconds of heavy damage.

during the time im waiting for my dots to wear im throwing shadow bolts (very quickly if i hit shadow trance) and life drains like nobodys business but i find my mana is shot after 2-3 ppl. resulting in me life tapping and giving the healer a heart attack.

the target is generally dead by the time the affliction's ending 50-75 hits take place. what exactly as a lock should i be doing?

should i sit back on my laurels as my dots tick? or should i be dotting them and nuking them? the last few instances i have run (dotting and nuking using life tap when low) im doing 1.5 what the same lvl mage is doing :eek:

b: clothing... i was under advised by an epic'd lvl 60 lock to get clothing of intellect and spirit, but have found intellect and stamina more usefull (for hte health bonus's) whats the official lock spec for clothing?... if there even is one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

surely int, stam and +dmg for levelling..

i doubt spirit gear has much to do for a lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well spirit helps your health and mana regen faster, now in saying that i have alot of items giving +to spirit and its at about 140 now and i dont notice much difference, i mean i still end up drinking to get my mana back up =/

I'm thinking of chasing the stamina line myself, however i am a priest though =P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

nix wrote:
    Well spirit helps your health and mana regen faster, now in saying that i have alot of items giving +to spirit and its at about 140 now and i dont notice much difference, i mean i still end up drinking to get my mana back up =/

I'm thinking of chasing the stamina line myself, however i am a priest though =P

Stamina is the locks primary attribute. You should also put 5pts in the Demonology talent that gives +15% Stamina/health bonus (at the cost of health ironically). I would suspect the "epic" lock that said to get +Spirit was dicking around, that is in no way sensible for a lock.

Affliction is not a high dmg, nuke style build for instances. Look at Demonology or Destruction if you want more Dmg (more utility in Demonology too).

Finally, lifedrain and lifetap is a perfectly acceptable, your priest needs to use their eyes and not just look at health bars. With +Stamina gear and 15% bonus you have more health all but warriors anyway, so your health bar means more for per chunk.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

For levelling - Sta -> int.
    For lvl 60 - Dmg -> Sta -> Int

With respect to the 3 talent trees.
    The highest dps builds are:
    SM/Ruin (30 affliction, 21 destruction)
    MD/Ruin(30 Demonology, 21 destruction) - carbon copy of how SM/Ruin works, slightly less dps, slightly more utility for pve.
    NF/Conflag (20/0/31) - This build has the highest possible burst damage for a lock, highly unpredictable when it'll happen though.
    and - 7/7/35 (add 2 more points wherever you like) for the firelock (not really good in instances due to reliance on searing pain and the inate threat that causes).

For levelling, I'd advise going SM/DS.
    Full affliction till lvl 40 or so then take DS and whatever in affliction.

In instances pre 60, just dot everything that isn't being CCed and nuke away with sbolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Amen.

NeoslicerZ knows his **** because he's a korean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Too bad he uses so many crappy abbreviations! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    For lvl 60 - Dmg -> Sta -> Int
    NeoSlicerZ is not a fan of soul link warlocks so didn't take into account of what they need. A good balance of +damage and stamina is best for a SL talent build. It's all about survivability and learning how to use tactics other than seduce nuke in pvp.

Your damage output won't be that much lower than the other builds in pve and you can demonic sacrafice the succubus if you want extra damage. When I was playing I can always keep up with the other locks in MC. I can in fact get silly aggro if I wanted to so instead I demonic sacrafice the voidwalker for the hp regen a lot of the times. Life tap and you can nuke longer. Don't get me wrong, all 3 talent builds are quite effective but I always liked SL better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Im currently Soul Link (SL) after being MD/Ruin (Master Demonologist / Ruin) for a long time. Its a great PVP build, dmg drops a bit due to lack of Ruin, but more so due to using the Felhunter for the +60 Resistances over the Succ (+10% dmg). I know you dont have to, but the way I see it, SL is about surviving and the increased health and resistance buff the Felhunter offers over the Succ makes it a better choice IMO.

However, the benefit of SL in highend raids is almost non-existant. Yes, you have more HP, but if you draw aggro (which is unlikely as you are doing less dmg then virtually all other builds) then you are dead anyway. Its actually kinda selfish.

Back to the OP, since the next patch is now confirmed as having the TBC (ie expansion pack!) vastly updated Talent options, alot of the above info is outdated. News from the Beta servers is that the 41pt Felhunter (ie Demo tree) build is very good for grinding. Even though it will mean Im stuck with SL, Im likely going to go for him (not just for grinding, I love pets).

Matt

Advertisement