Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Cause PC

Options
  • 26-09-2006 12:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played this on PC yet? I tried the demo and liked it but was put off by some of the reviews I read for it on other platforms. Just wondering if it's worth the few bob.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It seems like a fun enough game, for short periods. Its not to be taken too seriously, as there's no realism to the game, but some of it can be very good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Hearing some very bad things about this on other forums about it being buggy, unfinished, repetitive and a pretty empty map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

yeah, although i only played the demo for a sec, it really did seem repetitive alright.

I got sick of the GTA thing half way through san andreas myself. Just the same stuff over and over again and at the time I was big into bf2 so when I went to play SA it felt like i was playing something from 3 years ago.

Dunno what they are gonna do for the next GTA, but I was thinking they should do it 1st person, make it more in-depth.

Well maybe not for "GTA" but a GTA clone such as Just Cause.

also they really need multiplayer.

I had more fun playing the buggy Vice City Multi Theft Auto then San Andreas singe player.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Deadly-Buzz

could not agree with you more man, and MTA kicked ass!!! :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well I bought it and yes it's good fun and yes it's buggy. There is a review now up on ign for pc version. Gets a 6.8 which is about right. There is a lot of fun to be had particularly when you get the harpoon gun. I still wish games would be more ambitious. I completed Call of Juarez in a day and it was just a basic shooter after all the hype. I would love to see a proper Oblivion-esque job done on this theme. For me Boiling Point for all it's bugs was the most ambitious game I have played in a long time so I hope the guys working on the sequel get it right second time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I bought it one the 360 having played the demo, and the best way I can describe it is as being mindless fun, and very good fun it is indeed, very much in the GTA mode of driving cars, planes, helocopters,boats, buggys etc etc, shooting anything moves and blowing stuff up, there are a lot of very repetitive collect missions, ie collect 15 coca sacks scattered on the coast etc, I nevre really got intoi GTA on the xbox or PC, but so far I have really enjoyed just cause, yes it is limited , yes it is repetitive, but it s funny and really good fun !

Advertisement