Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TDI lettersanywhere?

Options
  • 26-09-2006 12:55pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,just wondering if its possible to get the red TDI lettering anywhere?
    Ive got my 130 bhp Passat TDI remapped to 150+ bhp and the big kid in me wants to get the full red TDI badge.
    It will also be handy if i ever resell the car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

Efioanaes wrote:
    Ive got my 130 bhp Passat TDI remapped to 150+ bhp and the big kid in me wants to get the full red TDI badge.

try VW or else ebay im afraid.
    or halfords have some badges too but VW is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Efioanaes wrote:

Surely you're not thinking of selling it on as an originally 150BHP car?

Anyway, what car do you have? If it is the previous model with the 1.9 engine, that never was a redT-redD-redI as 130BHP was the max it came in, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try using a red marker or crayon. :D

Regarding selling it as a 150bhp Passat TDi. The 150bhp version of the TDi unit was only available in the MkIV Golf/Bora and MkI Leon. Any potential buyers that half know their cars will cop it straight away. That and the fact that the engine cover will still have only the Red D and I on it under the bonnet. It may also have it listed somewhere on the Vehicle Licencing Form afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

You'll be making your car more of a target for would-be thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Try this:

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/badges.html

I have ordered badges from them before and they deliver quick.
    As said above bare in mind that there never was a red tdi passat and personally i would leave it the way it is or debadge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Regarding selling it as a 150bhp Passat TDi. The 150bhp version of the TDi unit was only available in the MkIV Golf/Bora and MkI Leon. Any potential buyers that half know their cars will cop it straight away. That and the fact that the engine cover will still have only the Red D and I on it under the bonnet. It may also have it listed somewhere on the Vehicle Licencing Form afaik.

Whatever about selling it on it would indeed look silly with TDI under the bonnet then TDI on the rear.

As for selling it on,in fairness the cars paperwork tells the true story so i doubt id even try disguise it as something else.

Thanks guys think ill leave here as she is so,must say im very happy with the now 159 bhp,oodles of torque :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

If you havent told your insurance co about the mod, and you bin the car with the red badge on they are gonna get mighty suspicious.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Efioanaes wrote:
    Thanks guys think ill leave here as she is so,must say im very happy with the now 159 bhp,oodles of torque :)

Considering the TDI 130 will output around 140bhp standard, does the 19hp really make that much of a difference?

I saw a Leon TDI PD 150 yesterday for the first time. Nice car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Efioanaes wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/VW-BORA-TDI-REAR-BADGE-RED_W0QQitemZ230029920997QQihZ013QQcategoryZ9889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Considering the TDI 130 will output around 140bhp standard, does the 19hp really make that much of a difference

Yes,feels so much more spritely to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Does it improve the torque too?

Advertisement