Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hot air coming from vents

Options
  • 26-09-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

hi just wondering if anyone can help I have a nissian almera 01 and there is hot air coming thru vents even when heater is turned off. Turn it to cold air and still only hot air. I checked the fuses and they seem to be o.k. anyone got any ideas before I book it in to be looked at..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

jayo2004 wrote:
    hi just wondering if anyone can help I have a nissian almera 01 and there is hot air coming thru vents even when heater is turned off. Turn it to cold air and still only hot air. I checked the fuses and they seem to be o.k. anyone got any ideas before I book it in to be looked at..

Hmmm... You might want to check connections to the rheostat that heats the air. Access to it on most cars (not totally sure about Almera) is usually via the passenger footwell - kind of in behind the glove box but more to the centre of the car. Failing that, check the connection from the heater dial itself it you can figure out how to remove if from the dash unit.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Have you ever changed the pollen/cabin filter. I had the same problem, changed it out and all was grand! (the old one was well fooked - black)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

T.B.O I dont know where the pollen/cabin filter is. think I'll just leave into a garage to be done. thanks for your help anyhow

jayo2004 wrote:
    T.B.O I dont know where the pollen/cabin filter is.

See cross on attached image under the wiper. It's easily replaced, have a look yourself first and try and save a few bob! :) (no decent paint applications on this PC :rolleyes: )

Almera engine.jpg

Cheers Sparks400 I'll give it a go just one more question. Does the pollen/cabin filter have to be for an almera or are they standard also do you have any idea how much they are??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does the heater dial feel 'too free' when you turn it compared to how it was when the heater could blow cold?

Mike.

The heater dial feels the same even when the heater is turned off there is alot of heat coming from the vents. If I turn on the heater full blast and turn it to cold its still hot air

jayo2004 wrote:
    Cheers Sparks400 I'll give it a go just one more question. Does the pollen/cabin filter have to be for an almera or are they standard also do you have any idea how much they are??

Yup, they vary from car to car due to size etc, so head into your friendly motor factors and ask for one for a 01 almera. They're only about €15. Even if this isn't the problem you should probably replace it anyway

Edit/
    jayo2004 wrote:
    The heater dial feels the same even when the heater is turned off there is alot of heat coming from the vents. If I turn on the heater full blast and turn it to cold its still hot air

It could also be a pulley off a vent, but try the pollen filter before you bring it to a garage. Let me know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Certainly sounds like the valve which controls the flow of air over the heater matrix is not working (its stuck at open). Proberly means having to take the dash apart or at least a section of it to get at the valve.

Mike.

Advertisement