Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with fancy dress costume!?

• 26-09-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Not sure how "retro" this is but anyway...

I'm trying to put a costume together for a fancy dress this weekend. Thing is I'm really busy all week and don't have a lot of time for searching for stuff around town.

I was hoping you lot might know of some good second hand shops in Dublin?

Of indeed if anyone has any of the following items lying around their house I could put them to good use!

Top hat (black - any condition, once it's the right shape)
    Frizzy black wig (think Slash from Guns'n'Roses...)
    Long black coat (preferably leather - Matrix style...)
    Wine coloured waistcoast
    Cravatte
    White gloves

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

I think the girls in the Fashion forum would be a better help with this to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Nolberto

Endasaurus wrote:
    I think the girls in the Fashion forum would be a better help with this to be honest.

Ah yes, that would make sense alright...

Reposted in Fashion - feel free to delete Mr Mod...??

ta endasaurus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from All Things Retro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Fancy dress this weekend? Where abouts?
    There's a few costume places in and around baggot street...
    You'd pick up a Wine coloured waistcoast in pennys/dunnes/m&s for not too much. The Cravatte won't cost any more than a €5. White gloves dunnes? Wig in the Joke shop off grafton street.
    The top hat and the coat might be a little more difficult, but you could probably rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Try the 2nd hand shops

Vincent's aka Fred's Fashions
    Gorta
    SVP

all them

ye find loadsa stuff der

• Advertisement
Advertisement