Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Science Canteen (Elements Restaurant)

Options
  • 26-09-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody else had tried it out yet and what they thought?

I went over today, and had the Thai Green Curry, it was quite tasty! The food seems to be a little bit pricier than the bars for example, but there appears to be a great selection and good quality!There was a few minutes wait for the food, but some people were waiting a lot longer than us! But we did all get free nachos, and apparently anybody who was waiting to long were offered coffee or free samples of muffins etc.

It was only open for a few hours yesterday and again for a few hours today, apparently this is to find out what problems there potentially may be and rectify them before they are open full time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Oooh its opened!Its run by Kylemore so I suppose that explains why its a bit pricey. But the best thing about it is its gonna be opened till half 12..Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It closed at 2pm yesterday because it ran out of food. :(
    And we still have nowhere really to sit down other than the benches out in the science building...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

It closed at 2pm yesterday because it ran out of food. :(
    And we still have nowhere really to sit down other than the benches out in the science building...

I was talking to one of the manager guys and he said that yesterday and today are pretty much test runs! They are having a meeting tomorrow morning about all of the problems and solutions to those problems!

it is different from the old Sci canteen in that you can't go in and sit there for hours (ah first year :) )! But I suppose it is a price to pay for good food and a better selection, it is a business after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

thai green chicken curry with naan bread and basmati rice, yumm. Having said that i miss the old science canteen, it really was the true common area in my opinion rather than the actual common area which i suppose is all of the ground floor. Though it will be good at exam times if it stays open late, god i hate that library..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah the opening late thing will be cool, although apparently it will only be certain nights of the week! There are plenty of times I have been working late in the office and you your only choices are to get takeaway or starve!I am sure that a lot of people find themselves in that position!

One of the best things about the sports cafe is that it is open on Sundays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I shall be offering them my patronage on the 'morrow. The soup in Insomnia today was quite disgusting. Ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

We could have done with it being open tonight, then I might not have made as much of a tit of myself as I did. Plus, the whole available toilet thing would have been a major plus.

Advertisement