Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Shopper

• 26-09-2006 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,

i am crap with clothes - seem to be able to buy things that are nice separately but.........when I put them together they all look crap. A friend recommended a personal shopper in Debenhams but I never seem to see any nice clothes there? Any other places that would be a bit more with it that do a personal shopper thing (preferably free).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

as far as i know topshop do this for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 atholl45

Topshop is soooo cheap though, go into Brown Thomas, they'll sort you out, at a cost mind you but well worth it. Like you know whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

listen to atholl45 - from the "what are you wearing" thread she knows her nice cloths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Brown Thomas, BT2, House of Fraser and a lot of other stores have free personal shoppers too. Try going to Dundrum.ie(if you can get to the town centre, its real convenient) and perhaps ringing a few stores to find out and maybe get a booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Hi winnie,

I'm the exact same as yourself. I'm useless at putting things together.

I got an appointment with a style advisor in Topshop. I loved the experience and got three gorgeous outfits out of it. It was the must stress free shopping experience I've ever had.

Process involved:
    1. Make appointment. They ask you some questions about what you like, whether you're dressing for an occassion and your dress and shoe size. This allows them to pre prepare some outfits for you before you arrive.
    2. Arrive at appointment.
    3. Get taken to a separate dressing room to the norm.
    4. Try on clothes. Give girl feedback on what you think of what she's choosen. This helps her to find other stuff for you.
    5. Girl runs off and gets you stuff and finds you correct size if they're too big/too small.
    6. Purchase or don't purchase items
    7. Leave

I'd highly recommend it.

I know that A-wear also have an advisor in Dundrum but I can't comment on it.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Never done the personal shopper thing before. What b3t4 describes sounds good. I'm just wondering if there is a lot of unspoken pressure to buy? I mean, isn't it awkward after the whole session and presumably nice chat with the personal shopper to say "No thanks" and walk out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

PetraMac wrote:
    Never done the personal shopper thing before. What b3t4 describes sounds good. I'm just wondering if there is a lot of unspoken pressure to buy? I mean, isn't it awkward after the whole session and presumably nice chat with the personal shopper to say "No thanks" and walk out??
    Well generally they'll find at least one thing you'll like, so it won't be often that you'll have to say no and walk out.
    It's their job though, and you're the customer, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it and have no fear of saying no.
    That or you could always say "Great, I'm just going to the ATM machine and I'll be back in a minute" ,walk out the door and don't look back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

wow i must give the topshop one a try sounds fab. usually i bring a friend who knows me well with me to give me advice on what suits me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

atholl45 wrote:
    Topshop is soooo cheap though, go into Brown Thomas,
    This sarcastic? Topshop are not soooo cheap. They are cheap relative to BT, which is soooo expensive. If you said Penny's was soooo cheap, I'd let you away with it. Although cheap is not necessarily always bad!!! I'd go with the recommendation of Topshop. They usually have a good range of styles as well.

Advertisement