Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crunch Fitness UCD

Options
  • 26-09-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to join crunch fitness from now till January. I know its only E180 to join now for the year but I was wondering if anyone has a membership valid till January/February. I wont be able to use it after February so no point in joining for a whole year.

If anyone has membership they would like to part with or has any ideas please post up and we can maybe sort something out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think they use a photo ID system, better get someone who looks like you.

180 euro though for 4/5 months is still pretty good, plus you could sell it on if you find a twin (or hand twin) in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well my membership from last year was just a barcode thing so photos mightn't be a problem.

You can pay as u go, €6.50 a whack I think

I thought they used to take a digital photo and whenever u scanned the barcode it popped up on the computer sceen? Maybe i imagined it...in that case, go borrow someones, but 180 is still cheap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i don't think they print the logo, but i suspect when you scan your card it does pop up on the screen.
    I have yet to muster the energy to go and join

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

snack_ie wrote:
    Hey,

I'm looking to join crunch fitness from now till January. I know its only E180 to join now for the year but I was wondering if anyone has a membership valid till January/February. I wont be able to use it after February so no point in joining for a whole year.

If anyone has membership they would like to part with or has any ideas please post up and we can maybe sort something out.

Thanks

Just about crunch.It may seem cheap but I wouldnt really recommend it that much. In the evening it gets really really packed so your often waiting for treadmills. The weights section is always cramped with rugby posers so its difficult to get the weights you want. There isnt a great selection of machines to work on specific mucsle groups and the changing rooms arent that nice at all with dodgy showers. Also there is no swimming pool,sauna or steam room which you get in most other gyms.

I like to use the gym cos I fond it relaxes me but I found UCD crunch totally stressful,waiting for treadmills,waiting for weights,beeing sniggered at by rugby jocks etc etc. Two weeks ago I joined the David loydd in Donneybrook which was 320 to join and then 50 euro every month on top of that so you will be able to pay just up until February. You get swimming pool,sauna,steamroom,heated outdoor swimming pool,heated outdoor hot tub, state of the art gym,free internet access and they serve really reasonable dinners there too. You also get gorgeous dressing rooms with freshly washed towels!I think worth the extra 100 euro !!

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    The weights section is always cramped with rugby posers so its difficult to get the weights you want.

Actually, very true, plus they want you to know they went to 'rock, three of them there yesterday and one lad wearing the 6th year t-shirt. Of course, they can also be spotted by the puffed out chest while walking and matching bleached blonde hair-dos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Actually, very true, plus they want you to know they went to 'rock, three of them there yesterday and one lad wearing the 6th year t-shirt. Of course, they can also be spotted by the puffed out chest while walking and matching bleached blonde hair-dos.
    nvr forget my first day in ucd...went student bar...first thing i noticed was the guy in his 6th year rugby jearsey from rock...that no longer fitted him very well...obiously hadnt been to gym since then and the beer belly came on...was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

aw damn!i wouldnt have joined today if i had read this thread!....

....although it was only £155 so maybe its worth it.sounds like ill just hav to pick my times well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I've been in a lot of gyms around the world but my "home" gym is UCD Crunch... have to say its certainly basic and badly maintained, has some very annoying people in it (clueless w*nkers with no technique) and gets stupidly packed at peak times...

But it gets the job done! Having said that, David Lloyd is starting to interest me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mloc wrote:
    I've been in a lot of gyms around the world but my "home" gym is UCD Crunch... have to say its certainly basic and badly maintained, has some very annoying people in it (clueless w*nkers with no technique) and gets stupidly packed at peak times...

But it gets the job done! Having said that, David Lloyd is starting to interest me!
    I was in david loyd this morning and Gordon Darcy was beside me in the steam room!!I went into a really cool pose,trying to look all cool and model like. when I left feeling quite proud of my sexy advances I sashayed to the door giving my ass a good wiggle and I pushed the door instead of pulling it so I walked flat straight into the steam room door.When I got back to the changing rooms I realised I had mascara all over my face and that my swim suit was totally see through. Ya see that just doesnt happen in Crunch.I think I may miss its simplicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

snack_ie
    What you're talking about is A)Unpractical - there is a digital photo taken when you sign up and it appears on screen when you scan in your card

B)More importantly - ITS ILLEGAL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement