Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone actually been to Whispers?

• 26-09-2006 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Well as above anyone been there yet. No-one will admit it to me in real life! Is it any good and what are the prices and girls like. I'm dying to go in for a nosey. Would women be welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Havent been there myself, but I have a feeling anyone is welcome as long as they have cash.
    A couple of guys from college went once said it was OK, almost all the women are foreign, faily good looking to very good looking, relatively expensice for private dances. Thats all I've heard on it anyway.
    Seems like a waste of money to me to be honest, but sure each to their own and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

been there once for one of the lads birthdays

tenner in the door and iirc private dances range from €30 up to near €100
    when we were there there was a big crowd of women there out on a hen night

it is a good laugh but not something i would do too often

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Expensive enough then but sounds like a good night for an occassion. Thanks for the replies.

Re the foreign girls - I was thinking that they'd have to be foreign as Waterford is so small that half the town would know you if you worked there! Can you imagine if you worked there and your uncle or cousin or neighbour walked in :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Expensive enough then but sounds like a good night for an occassion. Thanks for the replies.

Re the foreign girls - I was thinking that they'd have to be foreign as Waterford is so small that half the town would know you if you worked there! Can you imagine if you worked there and your uncle or cousin or neighbour walked in :o

Hehe, yeah that'd be embarassing all right! I heard the girls have to use the toilets as a changing room, don't know if that's changed since, that was a few months ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i remember my friend went up to Dublin yrs ago to the strip clubs and said about the skangers there, he got a dance off of one of them she threw her arse into his face but she accidently farted in it (his face that is)

• Advertisement

lol

poor bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ye pays yer money, ye takes yer chance....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

All those girls are on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

I was there when it was the Bull Post if that counts !

meldrew wrote:
    I was there when it was the Bull Post if that counts !

LOL so was my Grandad! I remember it being called the Bull Post but wasn't old enough to drink. I remember it being called various other names after that including the most recent The Raven which was a mad little place.

magick your friend probably had a different kind of blow in mind :p

delofnep I was thinking that myself but wouldn't be going around accusing all of them. Suppose fair play to them if they're getting decent money. Its a service at the end of the day.

Did any of you hear the rumour lately about the recently married man who's wife apparently found videos of him in Whispers on his own mobile??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

What sort of videos ? I severely doubt that any sort of recording equipment would be allowed into the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

c - 13 wrote:
    What sort of videos ? I severely doubt that any sort of recording equipment would be allowed into the place.

Must be just a rumour then. But apparently its on his camera phone. Will ask my uncle later because I think my Mam said he has it on his phone & apparently loads of people seen it. But you know Waterford & the rumours spread fast like chinese whispers (good pun!).

Baby4 I remember Slap Harrys. I used to get confused with the pubs that were in the now Alfie Hales & Whispers. They changed the names on both pubs a lot or perhaps I had a bit too much drink in me! I'm forever getting mixed up with Kervicks & the pub before it. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

I remember it being called the Bull Post but wasn't old enough to drink.
    I Knew it as the U L L P O T. It was that for a long time after someone made away with the B & the S. (_ULL PO_T )

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭H3LLg0d

Its absoluete ****:(

Titty bar my ass:eek:

It will only be good when your drunk and with a load of lads though I was there the opening month so not sure if its changed:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Mossy Monk wrote:
    been there once for one of the lads birthdays

tenner in the door and iirc private dances range from €30 up to near €100
    when we were there there was a big crowd of women there out on a hen night

it is a good laugh but not something i would do too often

Hope this isn't you Mossy!:D

A good Waterford one for ya........

Birthday Present

A wife decides to take her husband to ''Whipsers'' lap dancing club in
    Ballybricken for his birthday.

They arrive at the club and the doorman says, '' Well Mossy boy! How ya
    doin''. His wife is puzzled and asks if he's been to this club before.''

Oh no'' says Mossy. He's one o' da lads Playin' with me for Roanmore
    this year''. When they are seated, a waitress asks Mossy if he'd like his usual and brings over a Budweiser.

His wife is becoming increasingly uncomfortable and says '' How did she
    know that you drink Budweiser?''''She do be working the odd time in da centre above Raonmore, girl, that's how I knows her''

A stripper then comes over to their table , throws her arms around
    Mossy, and says '' Hi Mossy, want your usual table dance, big boy?''

Mossy's wife, now furious, grabs her purse and storms out of the club.
    Mossy follows and spots her getting into a cab. Before she can slam the
    door, he jumps in beside her. He tries desperately to explain how the
    stripper must have mistaken him for someone else, but his wife is having
    none of it. She is screaming at him at the top of her lungs,calling him
    every name in the book.

The cabby turns his head and says '' Jaysus Mossy boy, looks like you
    picked up a real b***h tonight''.

lol, no. not me

Advertisement