Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation between double glazing

Options
  • 26-09-2006 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi
    We have a problem - there is condensation between the panes of glass in some of our double-glazing. Has anyone else seen this? Can it be cleaned out, it looks horrible, as if the windows are filthy. I can onlt think of removing one pane and cleaning, is this possible? has anyone done it before?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steveo1983

The same thing happened in my house, the window will have to be replaced. This is fairly common in windows over 5 years old as the silica in the spacer bar has become saturated and can not absorb any more moisture from between the panes. If the windows are newish they might still be guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The window needs to be replaced as far as I know. In my fathers house many windows went like that after around 15 years. They all had to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

We had the same problem in some caravan windows, we "fixed" it by drilling a small hole in the inner pane.
    Might be a short term solution while you figure out about replacing them...

Have a look at this site http://www.thewindowman.co.uk/misted-up.htm skip the adverts and you'll find out all there is to know about misted up windows among other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

goslie wrote:
    Hi
    We have a problem - there is condensation between the panes of glass in some of our double-glazing. Has anyone else seen this? Can it be cleaned out, it looks horrible, as if the windows are filthy. I can onlt think of removing one pane and cleaningno can do , is this possible? has anyone done it before?

Any help would be appreciated
    the DG units will need to be replaced, not the entire window:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement