Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penises for Dinner! Yum!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably the oddest thing I ever ate was in Szechuan in China ... ducks tongues!!! They're not very big, as you can probably guess, so you need a lot to make a plateful. Can't really say what they tasted of since they were stir fried with LOTS of chilli, this being Szechuan, but they weren't unpleasant.

Second and third place probably go to whale meat (kind of like a fishy steak) and grasshoppers again stir fried with chilli (crunchy!), both in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yeah have had ostrich too, agree it is a bit like steak with a bit of a game flavour.
    Hens feet (kind of crunchy & grisley texture) in Chinatown were probably the weirdest thing I've had.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

:eek:

I thought you had misspelled paninis till I clicked on the link:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think Alun wins this one pretty easily.....

I don't consider ostrich rare, we used serve it in Germany with hollandaise and kiwi fruit and the farm that supplied it was Irish...I've looked for it on the web but can't find any reference to it anymore, but it was about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I think Alun wins this one pretty easily.....
    Why, thank you :) I distinctly remember getting the dish put in front of us, and getting halfway through it thinking it was just very finely shredded chicken, but then being informed it was actually ducks' tongues. We asked two independent people to translate what we were being told to make sure someone wasn't just pulling our legs, and they both agreed! Then upon closer inspection, we could see that each little piece of meat was, in fact, identically shaped, so I guess we were being told the truth after all.

Oh I forgot another one, not so exotic this time ... alligator tail, which I had deep fried with a coating not unlike Southern Fried Chicken in a cajun restaurant in Colorado, of all places. Tasted a bit like a cross between chicken (don't all these strange meats?!) and monkfish, witha slightly rubbery texture. Actually not that bad IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Souness

Ate dog and silk worm larvae(Bondaegi) while in Korea. Live squid and eels hearts when in Japan and Camel and Crocodile in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Uhhh... raw fish and lamb... I'm kind of a picky eater so I don't try too many odd foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Live spiders.

I was drunk at the time.

Advertisement