Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weeks Champions League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Here's a few of McGeady's clips from the Copenhagen match. It shows how different he is to 12 months ago when he'd just try to beat his man at every opportunity. It shows him crossing, tracking back, taking on players and pulling off 1 or 2 tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA_c9O3YVzM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Group A

Levski Sofia v Chelsea -Away
    Werder Bremen v Barcelona - Away

Group B

Internazionale v Bayern Munich - Home
    Spartak Moscow v Sporting Lisbon - Home

Group C

Bordeaux v PSV Eindhoven - Away
    Liverpool v Galatasaray - Home

Group D

Shakhtar Donetsk v Olympiakos - Away
    Valencia v Roma - Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool line up

Reina
    Finnan---Carra--Agger---Aurelio
    Pennant-Gerrard-Alonso-Garcia
    Crouch/Kuyt

bench Dudek Hyypia Bellamy Riise Gonzalez Sissoko Zenden

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Group A
    Levski Sofia v Chelsea -Away
    Werder Bremen v Barcelona - Away

Group B
    Internazionale v Bayern Munich - Draw
    Spartak Moscow v Sporting Lisbon - Draw

Group C
    Bordeaux v PSV Eindhoven - Away
    Liverpool v Galatasaray - Home

Group D
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Olympiakos - Home
    Valencia v Roma - Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I'm having great difficulty in deciding what match to watch alongside Liverpool on the telly - Valencia v Roma or Inter v Bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Liverpool 1-0 Crouch scores.

Liverpool 2-0 Luis Garcia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Chelsea are 1-0 at half time

great goal by Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PHB wrote:
    Indeed, it's incredible that they have managed to Arsenal and Liverpool them in the league last year, and that they are above them in the league this year. Must be magic.

Also it's an interesting first 11:

VDS
    Neville-Ferdinand-Vidic

Ronaldo-Carrick-O'Shea-Scholes-Giggs

Saha-Rooney

A 3-5-2 with one fullback? Pretty odd.

I left out Heinz because I havent seen enough of him to comment and added in Giggs because he has been one of your best players of late ? Never intended it to make up a starting 11. Maybe I worded it badly.

In regards to last season, that was last season. Im talking about this season...where Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea have strengthened their squad, I dont feel Man Utd have. As previously said, Man Utd have had easy enough opposition so far. I dont think they have the debt of squad in the long run.

This isnt meant as an attack on you or Man Utd...why cant you see what plenty of other utd fans can ? Its no big secret...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Goal of the century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Crouch!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

peter van basten

Liverpool 3-0 Crouch again

What a fantastic Scissors Kick, Finnan with a great ball in, and a stunning strike by the big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

what a fooking goal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

How about that for a slice of fried gold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

that was some goal by crouchinho, great skill by the bigman.

Goal back for Galatasary, 3-1 to the Pool now, poor defending though.

Yikes we've let one in! :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A fully deserved goal. The crosses from Galatasary have been excellent all game. 3-0 was a little flattering for Liverpool.

yous shoulda had a 4th.

werder bremen are 1 up against Barca. Puyol og.

• Advertisement

3-2 Pool...

Getting interesting now..
    Another great cross and good finish

get in! defensive frailties shown again. garcia and aurelio are such liabilities defensively.

3-2 now. same guy scores for galatasaray. good cross again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Entertaining game.

Ibrahimovic off for Inter Milan . Psv now 1-0 up

Drogba hatrick for chelsea

Pizarro for Bayern.

Messi for Barca. everything is turning out good for my fantasy team! :D

The Pool just hang on in the end 3-2.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Messi for Bayern:D

You mean Barca....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pool game was good game to watch, clearly the better team but just nearly let them back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Pool game was good game to watch, clearly the better team but just nearly let them back into it.

Only came in half way thru the first half, Galastsary looked very good and a couple of great crosses which should have been scored. Liverpool where over run in the second half after a great goal by Crouch!!!

Yes podolski the hero!! On as a sub in the 89th and bags one in the 91st. Does wonders for my Fantasy League points total this week.

Not much luck predicting correct results tonight, only 2/8 correct as opposed to 7/8 last night, some interesting results though.

Werder 1-1 with Barca is a great result for the Germans.
    Inter 0-2 Bayern is another good win for the Deutsche.

Hakan Sas, did'nt he play for Basel once?

Liverpool nearly paid for not having Sissoko on the field. Not Carras best night either.

Bring back Dudek.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Hakan Sas, did'nt he play for Basel once?

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasan_Sas

Maybe you're thinking of Hakan Yakin?

Hasan/Haken yep my mistake! :o

Mike.

just saw levski sofias goal against chelsea. what a great goal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All I can say is Crouch's goal was a peach, how can someone so arkward looking score such a beautiful goal. Liverpool were lucky against Galatasaray in the end as they were the stronger team towards the end. Should be an interesting game for them in Turkey.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Phew. Someone mentioned Istanbul so the Pool took it as an invitation to throw on another spectacle. thankfully they stopped short of a 3 nil down comeback. Excellent game tonight from Crouchy, he seems to have established himself as our most potent striker. Jermaine Pennant gave us his best performance so far tonight - creative, dangerous and hard working. Keep it up lad. Solid games too from Luis and Agger. We looked brilliant going forward tonight.

We got caught badly on our left however. Auerlio is not coping at all with the posistion he's been given and Garcia cant be counted on to support him, Gonzo seems more up to that task. We need Riise back in there Stat. And buy another left back in January.

does anyone think Reina needs a rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

i mentioned the whole reina thing before only to be shot down by the pool crew on this site...i needent mention any names!

he needs to be dropped... im not gonna have a haha session like every pool fan had at me when Taibi came to United, but Reina is way to inconsistant and dodgy between the sticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

yeah, it seems to be transmitted to the four defenders in front of him too - the lack of confidence and inconsistency that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You could see the nervousness in Reina's smile when Finnan shouted at him for not collecting. He's just lacking confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone got a link to the pool goals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Liverpool were great tonight for the first 20 minutes then their weaknesses really started to show not just on the pitch but also in the team that rafa picked. The attack minded selection worked fantastically at the start but the lack of a stronghold in midfield with the ability to pass the ball around and kill of the game nearly caught Liverpool and other teams will see this weakness as inspiration against what I feel are a team that could contend for a lot of honours this season.
    Luis Garcia showed again tonight how frustrating he can be to Liverpool supporters, and I know I am one. He produced some magical touches and scored a great goal but does he close his eyes for most of the game?? His passes were very wayward throughout the game.
    Substitutions should have been made earlier by Rafa to kill off the game and the big one that should have been made is Sissoko. The difference that he brings to the team through his strength is essential especially in the European game.
    Defensively liverpool were at 6's and 7's and it essential that agger and carragher learn each others games and communicate with each other better. Aurello did not impress me much tonight although I know that there is alot of potential there, but maybe not in such a defensive role. If the formation was a 5-3-2 playing 2 proper wing backs it would probably suit him far better as there would be sufficient cover for him.
    The best moment of the night I feel was Crouch's goal for 2 reasons.
    1. The workup to the goal and finish were Liverpool at their best even though it took a bit of luck for Finnan to get the ball and
    2. Garcias and Crouchs reaction!! Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

If anyone has a link to crouch's goal I'd really appreciate it! Can't find anything in youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I had thought before the game that Crouch would play and he did. It was a good display by Liverpool, but mainly going forward and in the first half. The defence was shaky. Agger and the combo of Aurelio and Garcia on the left hand side was exploited by Galatasaray. Both Aurelio and Garcia were very good going forward though. And Liverpool missed a Sissoko type of player in the centre.

To be fair to Galatasaray, they did something similar to what Liverpool did
    in the CL final when 3-0 down, and just pushed for either making it 3-1 or 4-0. All their crosses had 3 or 4 men in the box. They took risks and were lucky as Kuyt hit the post (inside of it too) and that would have made it 4-0, or was that before Crouch's overhead goal. It was a good game, high tempo, and much better than premiership 'entertainment' and indeed many other Liverpool games. But from a football management point of view, games like this are risky and not stable. It could have been 3-3.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The game last nite shows just how big a player Sissoko is for pool now, really missed him. Aurelio put in some great crosses and passes, but at the back hes pretty hopeless esp with no cover in front of him like he had with Garcia last nite. Him and Riise could work as a pairing on that flank tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement